normal
forum

Home Forums Discussing these understandings with family and friends A REALLY REALLY SIMPLE 1-LINER EXPLANATION

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  nhiall 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
  • Mighty
    Participant

I know it’s a tough ask but can you tell me what you say when someone says “So can you quickly explain to me what all these Facebook posts you are sharing are about, sounds interesting but WHAT IS IT?” And you want to get it right but you want to keep it short and sharp so you don’t lost their interest?

• Oliver
    Participant

I’ve yet to try and explain FREEDOM to anyone because I’m still coming to terms with it. However, I thought I’d have a go anyway:

The term ‘human condition’ can have a very specific meaning. It’s the psychological conflict that arose about two million years ago as consciousness emerged in the minds of the ape species that was evolving into us humans. Until quite recently no one had realised that there had to have been a psychological conflict between our instinctive ‘animal’ self and our emerging conscious human self. This conflict has had profound consequences including that every aspect of human knowledge and behaviour to date has been adversely affected by ignorance of it and humans must come to learn what our condition truly is.

A first attempt, be gentle!

• Golden
      Participant

Gee Oliver, you leave my 1-liner in the dust, I wonder if I can memorize yours!

• Golden
      Participant

I like that you focus on the science AND the psychological and that you explain this is a new concept. I think when I do it, I try to explain too much about the horrors on the planet and that we need to go ‘Up River’ (like those new videos on the homepage do) but by the time I’ve said all of that it all sounds a bit negative and then I get tangled explaining this is the solution so find myself trying to go into Adam Stork which, depending on the audience, can go 1 of 2 ways.

I also find that I can be ‘too honest’ about the ‘pain’ in me and in everyone which, until people have the defence and compassion of this biolgical understanding to be able to be honest themselves, back fires because all they then think is that I had a horrible childhood (I had a wonderful childhood in the scheme of things), which then might make them think that that is why I ‘need’ a new-age solution (WHICH OF COURSE THIS IS NOT!), instead of realiZing that all children/humans growing up in a world ‘infected’ with the human condition are ‘hurt’ and ‘insecure’ as a result of having no understanding.

Sorry for the rave! I’m really impressed with your 1-liner Oliver!

• Conrad
    Participant

maybe something like this….? This information is about the resolution of the human condition. The human condition is the underlying insecurity that we all humans have of being unable (until now) to properly explain that we are worthwhile/deserving of love. And, being unable to answer this question about ourselves we devised many different ways to go about proving to ourselves and the world that we are in fact worthwhile/loveable. This pre-occupation with trying to prove ourselves all the time is so big that it prevents us from caring about pretty much anything else. Making ourselves feel good is our number one goal. This is our human condition. This is the underlying problem in all human affairs. And it is this explanation that frees us from this predicament, by providing a biological explanation for why we are in fact loveable. And hence making it possible to be completely free of selfish preoccupation to allow us to begin the real repair of ourselves and the planet.

it’s hard to get it into one-line that’s for sure hahaha!

• Richard
    Participant

I find a “one-liner” near impossible due to the magnitude of what this explanation entails, but this may be helpful anyway (I sent something similar to a friend recently which he tells me has helped him)…
    This is about understanding the implications of the highly developed Neocortex region of the human brain, which is associated with reasoning and thinking, on the much older (from an evolutionary perspective) ‘Reptilian’ part of the brain, where the instinctive decisions are made.
    Naturally, as one ‘learning-system’ developed over another, a power-struggle emerged. It’s important to understand that these are two FUNDAMENTALLY different operating systems: the Reptilian Part of the brain is a gene-based, instinctive operating system which is ‘perfectly orientated’/adjusted to it’s world (through the process of natural selection); whereas the nerve-based, consciousness-driven learning system must learn through trial and error and build upon that that learning through memory. When it first emerges there is no way to appease the conflict between the ‘newer’, more sophisticated operating system, and the older ‘perfectly-orientated’ – but ignorant – system.
    Griffith uses the analogy of a migratory bird – “Adam Stork” – to explain how this conflict plays out in a species. When applied to our primate forebears, we can understand the conflicted nature of humans was an UNAVOIDABLE result of our developing mind.
    This does not justify or condone the ugly side of human nature, rather now that we can appreciate that there is a logical reason behind our ‘evil’ nature – that this was all just part of the evolutionary process (which is part of the much bigger journey called the development of order of matter, or ‘integration’), the underlying insecurity about our sense of worth as a species subsides.
    We can now appreciate that we are the ‘absolute heroes of the story of life on Earth’, as Griffith puts it. Quite a statement!!, but true nonetheless.

• Mike
    Participant

I agree it is pretty much impossible to explain all this information in a short one or maybe two liner, so I try not to explain, it, I go directly to the big question and make them curious of the solution.

For me, the idea is to get people to ask the questions. Remember people are either afraid to talk about the human condition, or they suffer from the Deaf Effect. I’ve learned that trying to tell someone something is a lot easier when they are asking the questions; let’s face it, by default they have to listen. Then you are not “preaching” you are educating.

I have identified three groups that I talk to, the religious, and the non-religious, there are of course those that sit on the fence which are the same as those of the New Age spiritual movement, however they generally tend to have a leaning one way or the other to some degree, they just choose not to let you know what that is, and that’s fine with me.

You will find the religious group are the most difficult to work with, it’s not that they don’t see the benefit of what you’re asking, they’ve been conditioned to believe in only one way, their way. Often they will argue they have a “better book”, and I understand why they take this approach after so much conditioning, so I will generally respond by confirming what I have asked (see below) is not challenging the bible. In fact this book often respectfully references the biblical story.

So this is the question I currently ask: – (Shorten this as you please)
    “If there was a way that human beings could find peace on this planet, end hatred, greed, discrimination, wars, environmental issues and hunger by being able to identify and understand why we are the way we are and how we got to where we are today, only to now learn that in reality we are by our very nature loving, compassionate and selfless creatures, and that all of us, are more than capable of changing the world to the peaceful one we all want, would you be interested?” (Answer – “Yes”)
    “Read this book (Refer them to it), in it are all the answers you have ever had about the human condition.”

At this point you have left them to make a decision; usually one of three things will happen

a) They become interested and will start asking questions

In this case I will tell the Adam the Stork story, leaving them with a curiosity that can only be satisfied by reading the book. (I’ll tell them it is free to download or, if their old fashioned like me they can buy it)

b) They claim they are not interested (Deaf Effect)

This is a normal and somewhat typical reaction to those in the religious group. I have come to understand that this usually means they are afraid that the solution will undermine their belief systems. In this case, I play it by ear, I may ask the question again, using their tactics by asking them to confirm that what they are saying is they do not want peace on earth, and when they say “yes they do” then I will refer them to the book again and leave it at that. If they say they don’t want peace on earth I move on.
    On the other hand they may now be curious, and it does happen, then I will do as before and tell them the Adam the Stork story and take it from there.

c) Those that genuinely don’t have the time or inclination to talk about that which frightens them (The human condition)
    This group usually says yes they would be interested but not right now, and I respect that, so I refer them to the book and invite them to take a look at whenever they feel comfortable to do so. There are times when the lack of pushing them brings on their curiosity, and then of course I’ll repeat the steps above.
    This approach works for me, if you find it works for you then go for it. As long as they ask the questions, I continue to answer, always referring them to the book.

As long as I remain honest and open and don’t fall for the trap of becoming an evangelist trying desperately to prove my point, then I’m happy.

• Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

When we humans developed our fully conscious thinking mind about 2 million years ago, an unavoidable battle between our newly won intellect and our already established instincts broke out, which in itself is already an almost unbearable burden, but since our instinctive orientation is to be unconditionally loving and altruistic because of our unique (apart from bonobos) love-indoctrination situation, our apparent behaviour was at such odds with our soul (manifesting itself as our moral conscience) that we eventually had to block it out completely and become alienated, upset and hollow beings – but now that we know this and we can understand why we had to become selfish, we can finally stop our soul-corrupting search for knowledge and make a conscious decision to live fully integrated and unconditionally selfless in an effort to confront the actual truth about reality.

• KCdeeah
    Participant

I think I came up with the one liner explanation. ~It’s all about finally finding out the true purpose and meaning of your life and it will set you free & change your life.~ That in a nutshell would grab my attention as did the title of the book.

• bkelly
      Participant

I really like that. If someone told me that it would certainly grab my attention. I have found in discussing these ideas with fellow travellers that the more I am upfront about the magnitude of these ideas, the more they are intrigued and want to know more. Thanks for sharing.

• bodandme
    Participant

A butterfly outgrew it’s past and realised that all must pass, we too must grow and shed this skin, to release the all we are within

• Tess
    Tess
    Participant

I love that bodandme! That is really, really beautiful and so, so true! Once you understand this biological explanation of the human condition and understand that the logical solution is to shed your old skin you realise that that old skin, that you thought was the only way to live your life and that you thought made you feel good, was actually chains entombing you in such a shallow life… and the real world, that is full of so much meaning and wonder and love and that is within us all, is released!
    It all sounds a bit wishy washy and new-agey but it is the furtherest thing from it but the truth really does set you free. And this truth is all logical, first-principle knowledge – anyway that is another story that is explained everywhere on this website and I just loved your 1-liner (unlike mine!).

• bodandme
    Participant

I came upon this-” God’s language is silence,the rest is mis-translation” It’s quite an adventure

• Zzantor
    Zzantor
    Participant

It’s a scientific explanation and potential cure for the battle, the fundamental battle inside every man, between the me that loves and the me that kills…
    Sort of like religion, but, with no god or priest to pay or fear.:)…
    The first scientific explanation that explains and makes sense of human behavior and in doing so, reconciles the conflict each one of us has about our worth and are we good or bad…
    It’s a breakthrough in understanding about why war happens and now a way to end it…
    This information is a “vaccination” against the Wetiko Virus…
    This is the answer and remedy to the “Flyer” problem as written about by Carlos Castaneda…

• Susy
      Participant

I like it zzantor! The only thing I’d change is instead of using the word ‘potential cure’ for humanity’s battle, I would say it’s the ‘absolute 100%’ cure for the battle! What an incredible world we legitimately move into now that the human condition is solved, where it has explained the ‘fundamental battle inside every man, between the me that loves and the me that kills’ and all the wonderful phrases you have used there. Humanity really is free and it’s so unbelievably exciting!

• Zzantor
    Zzantor
    Participant

Thank you Suzy! I wrote potential cure, because, we still are attempting to get humanity to take THE CURE, but, you are right, IT IS THE CURE, the potential is us, as in, we have the potential of getting the Cure, to everyone, within say 5 years. Yes Suzy, I am excited like I have never been, my life has finally started, I have a goal I can fully pursue, without any reservations(like I had with “worldly” goals like getting more and more and more). I can think of no greater undertaking than this!

• Susy
      Participant

I knew what you meant zzantor and it’s right too, you are just so infectiously excited I couldn’t help myself! And oh yes the ‘potential is us’, well said. There is nothing more fulfilling and meaningful than doing everything we can to get this info out there to the whole world. I really love the mantra of the new world that Jeremy has in Freedom, para 1191, you might fly to the moon and back when you re-read it!: “Yes, all that matters now is that the truth is kept alive and that it is disseminated to the world’s population, because it alone can heal the human race and save the world. All everyone should do now is support the truth about the human condition and it will achieve everything everyone has ever dreamt of. If we look after this information it, in turn, will look after each of us and the world. That is the mantra of the new world that understanding of the human condition brings about.”

• Zzantor
    Zzantor
    Participant

Yes.:) Well, one thing that’s different now, is that my head used to spin when I’d think about how to make money(more money), it seems that that obsession has been transformed into my head spinning about how to spread this information and instead of drawing a blank, I seem to have an abundance of ideas, almost too fast to develop them, so that others can fully get where I’m coming from. I also am well aware that I’ve just started, so I don’t have any measurable results other than my ex wife is reading FREEDOM and my mom ordered a hard copy to read from Amazon. I know that’s great in itself, but, my ideas for reaching more and more people are still in the formative stage. It’s odd, I’ve never done anything like this, but, it feels like a distant memory…

• Sam
    Participant

Here is my one liner:

We’re talking about the psychological source of why humans are capable of being both divisive and integrative, and digesting the biological insights presented by Jeremy Griffith that resolves that contradiction through his intellect vs instinct explanation.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Sam.
  • Zzantor
    Zzantor
    Participant

Here’s what I sent a salesperson in a chat window:
    I will Aimee, I encourage you to get relief from the war going on inside you. No invisible man in the sky required.:) I found this and it’s actually science: https://www.humancondition.com/ Have a day.:)

• Chris
    Participant

“The human condition is the psychological upset that broke our in humans, when the concision mind emerged and needed understanding through trial and error, but was resisted by the already naturally orientated instincts, for the management of our lives”

• Zia
    Participant

I was thinking about a one liner and the summarising opening words of the first introductory video on the website came to mind:

“All the problems we’re experiencing on this planet, aside from natural phenomenon, are caused by us humans. They are caused by the ‘human condition’, and, astonishing a claim as it is, it is that underlying, core issue of our troubled human condition that Jeremy Griffith actually addresses and solves.”

Also while it’s not a one liner, in terms of talking about it with others to ignite their interest I think a lot about Tony Gowing’s sales pitch in FREEDOM:

“When Tony Gowing was once asked to describe the main ‘selling point’ of FREEDOM, he replied, ‘It is the complete 100 percent turn around in any and every dire situation the world is now in—as Jeremy has often said, “one minute the world is hurtling on a one-way track to destruction, the next minute there is so much love and freedom that every problem and difficulty is solved”. If you look at any of the problems in the world with any degree of honesty—anybody’s personal situation, the refugee crisis, the relationship between men and women, the environment, the economy, mental health, etc, etc—they are each in a depressingly dark state, but with this understanding of the human condition they are all completely turned around into the most glorious, happy and light-filled situation imaginable. This understanding brings an end to all the pain, all the suffering, all the insecurity, all the unsureness, all the darkness; it turns every single one of those situations into an absolutely wonderfully secure, knowing, excited, relieved and happy—downright incandescent with joy—state…”

I won’t post it all here, but you can view it para 1256-1257 in FREEDOM, it’s really amazing – and helpful.

• nhiall
    Participant

Just found this thread – it’s really helpful, so thank you!!