normal
forum

Home Forums The Science Feeling Loved and the need for Love

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Oneness
      Participant

I’d like to start a discussion on this topic.
      My thoughts/feelings all originate out from this, as WTM imply and all religions/philosophies point to also, is the need for love and the avoidance of feeling unloved being at the core of motivation of all humans beings.
      Love is the original feeling and unconditional love,that is the need to feel love just for the pure feeling of it, as the sustainer of sentient life brings ease (opposed to dis-ease in mind) and this is what an innocent child feels for the world, in the garden of Eden, the state of an infant before feeling unloved and in that fear mind (knowing evil=unlove) mind comes to rescue the child with the seperate sense of self identity,individuality,egomind forms.

• Tommy
      Participant

I think I follow you Oneness and agree with what you are saying. I agree it is absolutely amazing to be able to understand unconditional love and where it comes from (as Chaps 4 & 5 of Freedom explain) and yeah as it says in para 425 ‘humans’ deepest preoccupation…. is with giving and receiving selfless love’. To now be finally able to UNDERSTAND that our instincts ARE to be unconditionally loving and cooperative, and we all instinctively expect the world to be that way when we are born, and when we hit the reality of the upset world it produces massive stress and ‘dis-ease’ and upset within each of us is an absolute game changer. That age old question, that sits like the heaviest rock on our shoulders and in our hearts, has finally been answered of are we good or bad afterall?! Jeremy has explained the human condition and we can finally know that we are good afterall! All the upset and selfishness and preoccupation and egocentricity that has accumulated since we first became conscious (and the battle broke out with our loving, instinctive self) has all been for such an amazing heroic reason!! And with that knowledge that battle and upset can now finally truly subside and all the suffering on Earth like having to resign to cope and take up an ‘egomind’ can end. We can all finally and legitimately return to a loving, caring and peaceful world, reconciled with our instincts. I hardly believe I’m typing that even though I know it so well now in myself, this information is just the most significant breakthrough imaginable for humans that’s for sure. I’m so glad you posted what you did, the fact we have loving instincts is an important topic and one that has had to be denied by humanity and mechanistic science especially, but no longer needs to be! Thanks Oneness

• Oneness
      Participant

Thanks for replying Tommy.
      What you said has me thinking about the feeling of being unloved and what extremes the human mind will go avoid this feeling and how much of the suffering caused by it is precognative and how a child creates structured delusions to deal with this and how healing takes place in realising the original selfless bliss is purely spiritual and is the essential message of religions/philosophies.
      How all human dis-ease originates from feeling a lack of love, love that is now noticed must obviously originate in the self,so now love eminating from the self is a mature version of the child’s unconditional love for the world, the an extension of self love now with a rational mind knowing why,which is what the precognitive child couldn’t understand in fear of feeling unloved in situations.

An example is an innocent loving child sees it’s mother leave it alone in a room for a minute, closing the door and leaving the child screams for attention but the mother has only gone down the hall to the kitchen to check on the stove, the child having no knowing of why and no conception of relative time, yet, can have the feeling of being seperated for an eternity and so this sets up a whole delusion in mind to do with a seperate individual self that comforts the child.

• Tommy
      Participant

Hi Oneness. I truly believe and know to be true having deeply experienced it in my own life, that now understanding of the human condition is in the world it makes sense of every situation in the world and solves every problem. Rather than needing to focus though on all the sad and painful details of our lives it gives us this amazing capacity to be able to view all our unavoidable upset from an ‘overview’ loving and accepting position. We have all been hurt by the human condition and we all carry all manner of scars but it’s all been for such a good reason. Understanding that it is scientifically proven that we are fundamentally good and not bad, that we are redeemed, puts us all in a very powerful position. We no longer have to be victims of the human condition but masters of our own lives, and we no longer need to focus on all the specific details of how much we were loved or not and how much pain we encountered or not, it’s all been an unavoidable mess! No child has been able to be loved as much as our genuinely loving and real genetic instincts expected before the HC emerged. And as you elude to Oneness this information gives us/ our rational mind the ultimate reason why all the pain and suffering has occurred in each of our lives and across the whole planet. And we can talk to that inner child and all children and more innocent people and tell us/them this amazing journey that humanity has been on that makes sense of everything and brings so much relief and joy and love back to us all. We really do finally have the ‘manual to life’ itself! But the important thing is that we don’t have to focus on all those details now, the whole human condition ‘hell’ existence and all the pain and suffering it has caused has ENDED! IT’S ALL OVER! Where we put our focus now is on the new landscape that opens up for us all which is a life free from the human condition. Liberated and transformed we focus on the future and that is where the endless excitement and purpose and meaning lies. Not sure if you’ve read any of the awesome Freedom essays on the WTM website but the first 5 are important ones to take time to digest properly, and in terms of this discussion I also love the essay 32 which talks about this whole area, link below.
      https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/more-on-the-transformation/

Viewing 3 reply threads