normal
forum

Home Forums Discussing these understandings with family and friends Have people made progress with their religious family and friends?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Roger 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
  • Bell1986
    Participant

Another thread got me thinking about this but so thought I’d start a new topic on it. I’m skeptical of religious people being open to any new ideas, including this, but maybe i’m being too skeptical? Has anyone had any luck making progress with religious f&f seeing this as a legitimate or alternative world view? One really, really fundamentalist friend of mine I think was surprised I held Christ in such high regard (after reading Griffith describe his soundness and strength). I think he thought I’d disregard Christ and all religions because I’d got interested in something new and science based. So the compassion and understanding of who Christ was as a man and also the important role religions have played in human history that I was able to display to him got us much further, with him being more open but I really don’t think he’d actually ever consider an alternative.

• otter
    Participant

I agree that initially people think this must be like the work of an atheist scientist like Richard Dawkins or EO Wilson, who claim to be able to explain religion but do it in a way that actually dismisses it. But its not like that at all. Its the only rigorous scientific work that I have ever come across that infact upholds religion as being totally full of truth. It just demystifies the religious parables and things with scientific understanding. But I think I agree with you that a lot of religious people might struggle with the idea that their religion can be demystified at all. But I am convinced that is a superficial reaction because if they really understood what Griffith is saying they should be thrilled. I suppose the question is how to get religious people interested in this, and I dont really know the answer to that, apart from starting with people who arent fundamental. I know Griffith quotes the physicist Townes, who was very religious, and said that religion and science must converge. So those types of people must be out there.

• Dave
    Participant

As indicated in Freedom understanding of the HC does away with the need for religion. An idea like that will not be easy for religious people to accept. The info in freedom describes where religion came from and why it was important, but clearly shows it is no longer needed if people understand the HC.

• PaulM
    Participant

Has anyone read the section in Freedom where Griffith talks about this being the fulfilment of religion? See para 1217. ‘Finally, it should be reiterated that religions aren’t being threatened by the arrival of dignifying understanding of the human condition—they are being fulfilled.’
    Wow that is a bold comment right there! I happen to think it is true, but Im not sure how open a lot of religious people are going to be to the logic!

• Bailey Fiona
    Participant

I think that’s a bit too out of context Paul, I realise you realise this (!) but I know if I said that to my religious friends it would do the opposite in helping them. But I’ve found that it’s the ‘lead by example’is the greatest tool and then be patient. If you continue to be able to use the biological explanation of the human condition to understand the world around you, show the compassion that comes with that and uphold your life in a way that now indicates that you do live with an understanding of the human condition, which brings with it enormous freedom in yourself because you’re not nearly as pre-occupied trying to prove your self worth, then that speaks mountains and that is what they will see… not to mention the happiness within you!

• Sheepy
    Participant

I have been a Christian Fundamentalist since my early 20’s but now, in my late 60’s I am in the process of coming out of fundamentalism, not easy! Whilst in this process I noticed the World Transformation ads on the internet and was amazed at the parallels Griffiths draws with biblical texts and agree that they have usually been misunderstood by ‘religion’. People within fundamentalism who are beginning to see the light at the end of the cave recognise that ‘religion’ is man’s effort to reach and reconcile with God but that the truth is that through Jesus God has solved the problem by reconciling man to himself, the ‘war’ is over! We have the opportunity to return to the innocent Adam state, and better, just by changing our thinking. Religion and the old ways of thinking are very deeply entrenched and a lot of ‘sacred cows’ have to be killed but the process has begun even within the Christian Fundamentalist movements.

• Matt
    Participant

So much truth in the bible! But, the key thing that Griffith has found is the scientific explanation of why consciousness and instinct were divided. Humanity needed that rational explanation to truly reconcile.

• Roz
    Participant

I am new to all this, having stumbled onto Jeremy’s book a few weeks ago. However it has transformed my marriage, as I know know why there is a divide between men and women and I can let my husband behave as only he can under the circumstances, trying however to explain to him how these revelations came about when he wont read anything, listen to anything that he classes a New Age rubbish or hocus pocus! I am hoping as Fiona said that perhaps with patience and when he sees my new approach, (although after having read the book what other approach could there be?) he will not be able to turn a deaf ear. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. This stuff should be taught in schools.

• Tommy
      Participant

Hi Roz, how wonderful! Yes the understanding in Freedom is SO reconciling and transforming of everything in our lives, the great ‘divide’ as you say between men and women being one of them. And yes it should be taught in schools! The future is going to be so incredible when children and adolescents are given the biological understanding of ourselves and our world, what a game changer that will be! In terms of talking about this with those that we are close to, these are a few things that I find helpful so I have included them below. As you get more familiar with the ideas Roz I’m sure you will be the best person at explaining these ideas to your husband, but for now the short videos below might be a helpful introduction, and for you too if you haven’t already seen them. I have also read this brilliant review on Amazon recently (https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1EO21RALWYR2W/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1741290287).
      I would love to hear more about your journey Roz as you absorb the ideas, it’s so exciting to share our journeys with this! So anytime you would like to share or have any questions this Forum is a great place to be.

This is a short video of reviews for Freedom, 1.30mins

This is a video of a discussion with a new member, an insight into the amazing journey FREEDOM takes you on 7.30mins

And this is one of the videos from the top of the homepage, where Jeremy explains the key concept in Freedom

• Roz
      Participant

Hi Tommy, thank you so much for the reply. The videos were great, I especially liked the discussion with a new member, his experience of the book was virtually like mine. I just cant believe why everyone isnt getting it! My story is that I have always felt like an outsider, in fact had come up with a very complicated other alien life and being from another planet to justify I suppose why everything felt odd all the time, like someone had beemed me down to Earth, that was from the age of about 7, can remember being in school, I went to a Church of England school where prayers were said every morning, (bear in mind it was about 50 years ago) I was the one who whilst everyone else was kneeling with their head bowed I was looking round wondering what on earth was going on, mind you the teacher would often tell me to behave and not be disrespectful, amazing how ingrained these behaviours are isnt it?

Jeremy’s book though had an OMG every page virtually, amazing stuff.

Its the meaning of life – finally. It makes complete and perfect sense and is so obvious actually, its like my soul knew it was true. To use the alien anology again, its what we have been doing on our planet for centuries and now the answer has finally been found on earth.

As I said before its made a big difference in my marriage and with my other dealings with people but it frustrates me that people wont even talk about it at all, if I mention it I get that look as if I have joined a cult or something! Any suggestions on how to handle that?

Its all very exciting too, I cant help walking about smiling! Although 56 years of pretending to be resigned when you know your not but doing it anyway because then you fit in and its easier I suppose is going to be a hard habit to break, what i have been doing is reminding myself about the fact that we know now, the answer, thanks to Jeremy and that its going to filter down through the minds of people!

Just thought, how about a bullet sheet about how it works to explain the basics? Or do ‘we’ actually have one of those?

I love the fact that now I have the reason as for the why of everything! For so many years I have been reading about what are now I see as the symptoms of the HC now we have the cause, how hood can it get?

• Tommy
      Participant

Oh Roz your relief and excitement is very infectious! The journey with this information is infinitely wonderful! To finally be able to understand ourselves and our world, why all the suffering and heartache, and know that there was an absolutely glorious reason for it all is just amazing. And not only that that the future for the whole of humanity and our planet is so incredibly bright!
      You clearly are a ship at sea as Jeremy terms it in Freeodm, someone who hasn’t resigned. And there’s a ‘must see’ video on the website for you on Ships at sea that you will devour! (it’s under the WTM tab in the ‘Candid discussions’ section about half way down, or on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXU9qDMvFA&feature=youtu.be&).
      That people can’t hear this is information easily is incredibly frustrating especially if you are a Ship at Sea I imagine. I know all about the ‘deaf effect’ where you initially can’t hear the information, as I resigned to reality, blocked out the truth as a teenager so reading this information wasn’t straight forward for me at all. I had to work on my deaf effect and break through my denial and fear of the human condition. When you resign, ‘[it] is such a horrific experience that adults [are] determined never to revisit it, or even recall it’ as Jeremy says in para 111 in Freedom. But of course you realise there is nothing to fear, this information is the ultimate defence and love of ourselves, we are upset but we are good, and as Freedom so brilliantly describes we can leave that whole way of living now and move on to the most glorious existence free of the human condition. What Freedom also explains so well too is that all new ideas struggle to be born and that is all that is going on, resistance to new ideas is an age-old truth. But slowly, slowly this will build momentum and as it does, people won’t struggle at all to hear this even if they are resigned. As Teilhard de Chardin wrote, ‘The Truth has to only appear once…for it to be impossible for anything ever to prevent it from spreading universally and setting everything ablaze’ (para 1236 in F). All the relief, excitement and joy you are feeling Roz having now absorbed this full truth about humans, WILL flood through every town, and country and the whole planet one day soon and free all the resigned and ships at sea and children and more innocent races and the more exhausted, just absolutely everyone! All we have to do is support this and all our dreams will come true and that is for sure.
      In terms of a simple bullet sheet there is this Q&A on the website that might be helpful https://www.humancondition.com/FullscreenBookBlock/Written-Q-and-As.html
      Sending lots of support and encouragement through the airwaves Roz!

• Susy
      Participant

Actually the other place Roz that is a great breakdown of the subjects in Freedom, are the WTM emails. There are 54 of them and provide a great introduction in bite-sized chunks of information. These may help your friends get a handle on your interest in the understanding Jeremy presents in Freedom. Good luck!
      https://www.humancondition.com/wtm-emails/

• Susy
    Participant

Go Roz! Ships at sea have such pure access to this information not being in denial so you have a precious gift there that will help a lot of people. You’ve got a fair amount of material to absorb already but I too find the short videos are helpful to introducing this information to people which are on the website and YouTube, I’ve copied a few below. Ultimately watching an introductory talk from Jeremy is obviously the most penetrating. Loving your posts!
    This is Sir Bob Geldof at the launch to Freedom

This is Dr Anna Fitzgerald talking about how this liberates women

This is a compilation of people talking about the transforming effects of this information

• Roz
    Participant

Hi Tommy, thank you so much for your post, this revelation is so fantastic isnt, I do have trouble not wanting to stop everyone in the street and tell them about it. I keep thinking, bloody hell knew something was seriously up with everyone just couldnt figure out why, now I have an answer and to much more as well, think I might be in the too good to be true and what am I supposed to do now!

May I ask a question, how did you come by Jeremy’s work?

I’m 56 and have been searching, searching, searching, new age stuff david icke’s book etc etc etc all dealing with the symptoms of “IT” but no one ever says what “IT” is!!

In fact, oh wow just realised was looking at the scientology website that spoke about the human condition, again only giving answers on how to deal with the symptoms for fame and fortune, looked up human condition and Jeremy’s book popped up. As they say I never looked back or need to search anymore, cant tell you what a relief it is,one gets quite worn out!

Now its finding a way to get these people smiling again. Have you noticed when you are walking around that people dont smile very much, know why now, bless ’em be great if they did though wouldnt it? ???

• Tommy
      Participant

Your post was such a brilliant thing to wake up to Roz! I was introduced to this information by a friend and gosh am I so glad you searched those words on the internet and found Freedom! It’s just going to be endless relief for you for a while. The silence, albeit unavoidable, of the resigned world is just so destructive. I’ve always thought that the analogy Jeremy uses in ‘Transform Your Life’ of ‘The Scream’ painting is so powerful, with the resigned couple living in denial walking along calmly like nothing is wrong, but to those not in denial/ the unresigned/ YOU, the pure madness, utterly insensitive, uncaring and brutal ALIEN-to-our-soul reality of the world is plain to see and it’s horrific! BUT NOW that silence is broken, the human condition is biologically explained and it’s legitimate cartwheels and sunrises forever for EVERYONE!! Knowing that there was such a good reason for all our upset and messed-upped behvaiour changes everything, it brings so much security and love to your whole being, and it reconciles, brings a bridging understanding to all the polarised factions of life. In fact this information utterly transforms everything about yourself and everything around you. We can all leave the whole old world and all our coping mechanisms now as they are all obsolete and live for the potential of the new world and everything it brings about. Humanity is free! You’re liberated feeling that ‘this is too good to be true’ will only grow in strength Roz as you continue on your journey, this information is just that good and it will never disappoint you but continue to inspire, guide and transform you and us all! And those smiles are coming, absolutely billions of them. This is another favourite part of mine from Freedom and is a big present for your morning when the sun rises in Spain! I hope you can see it on the Forum otherwise you’ll have to click on the link:
      https://humancondition.com/images/JG-Golden-Shell-Artwork_TxtCaCo_Poster_WEB_1132x800.jpg
      “Yes, the human race can now, at last, ultimately, finally leave Plato’s horrid ‘living tomb’ ‘cave’ of truth-avoiding, alienated, psychotic and neurotic darkness and stand in the warm, healing sunshine of understanding. And to celebrate the completion of the first draft of this book that ‘let[s] the sunshine in’, I have made, from golden sea shells I found on a beach in Sydney, this exciting picture that depicts that all-fabulous liberating and healing sun, which also represents a mandala of the arrival of harmony and happiness.” (para 309)

• Roz
    Participant

Hi Suzy, thanks for the recommendations, really helpful, I can do relate to all that was said, can you imagine the world once everyone knows about this? Come on people lets go! Do have trouble not rushing up to people saying “eureka, its here the answers, the reason why its all so crap and you feel so crap”

When you ask people, you know on a one to one basis, who ever they are, (I often chat to people in queues ) they often know there is something somewhere that is better they have this feeling they cant out thrir finger on, that the world isnt supposed to be like it is but are do caught up in the whole game and are frightened of not fitting in, being poor, homeless, etc etc etc

Candidly it has occured to me that people would say to me that its alright for you, you have time to believe in this Human condition stuff, you dont have to work, you live in a lovely apartment in southern Spain, I would say that at 56 I have read new age stuff, even scientology, tried various religions and never felt at home in my own skin, now because of Jeremys book, I do

Thanks again Suzy, sorry if I rattled on

• Susy
      Participant

Exciting thread guys! Everything you are saying is absolutely fantastic Roz and the world can’t hear enough of it. We have been living in the ‘cave’ for so long, 2 million years and now the ‘gates of freedom’, as Jeremy terms it, are open, a lot of people can’t hear or recognise it — not yet anyway! And absolutely I couldn’t agree more, this information makes you so at home in your own skin it’s sheer bliss!! That’s what the whole world will discover that this information is the secure, loving home that we have always longed for, and all we have to do is support it and it will look after everything and everyone we love! I loved it when you said ‘lets’ go’ as I’m sure you know Jeremy has said that surely it is humanity’s catch-cry now. This is a really spectacular ‘let’s go’ piece from para 1288 “So, yes, let’s go, let’s ‘jump upon the peace train’, let’s get out of this dead, ‘dark’ ‘tomb’ we have all been ‘trapped in’ for far too long—join the Sunshine Army on the Sunshine Highway to the World in Sunshine; and, as Paterson, Lawson and Seymour foresaw, become part of the ‘westward-marching host’, ‘the army of our future’; in fact, ‘the biggest army the world had ever seen’!”!!!

• Roz
    Participant

Good morning, wanted to share this… Am still at the stage where I have to remember that I know now! When I do I get this kinda tingly feeling, I think the description of electricity running though the veins is about right, it feels like a fizzing thing. We were out cycling up and down the promenade, we have 14kms of cycle paths right next to the sea, brilliant, anyway so obviously Freedom was on my mind and boom that elation and the fizzing and the smile comes on my face, is it me or were people happier around me? Whats all that about? Even husband developed a very happy demenour!

Loving all the pointers btw, keep ’em coming they are a real help xx

• Tommy
    Participant

Awesome description Roz! I can just picture you beaming away like a sun on your bike along that I-bet-beautiful promenade! Yes when we finally find the ‘manual to life’ it is truly exhilarating, and I think it must be especially so for a ship at sea! The transformed state is like that too because you know every breath you take in support of this information is stopping the pain in the world and bringing about a future that is more beautiful than this world has ever seen! And it IS infectious that happiness and security and sense of wonder that you feel. Even though most humans are living in denial, deep down we are ALL deeply pining for understanding of ourselves, something that will make sense of all the suffering and bring it to an end and bring about true and lasting freedom from the human condition. And when people encounter that freedom and happiness beaming from another person it is infectious and will be more and more, and one day it will turn into that army of millions that sweeps the the world to do battle with human suffering just as Jeremy says. This section from Transform Your Life is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever read and it’s ALL TRUE: “I want you to go outside and look up towards the horizon because, I kid you not, what you’re soon going to see appear, from one end of that horizon to the other, is an army in its millions coming to do battle with human suffering and its weapon will be understanding! With the world’s preoccupation with finding self-understanding now resolved, and all the associated need for self-aggrandisement satiated, our lives and the world’s resources will be freed to finally look after each other and our world. So while you might have seen some wonderful things in your life, like fields of flowers or gorgeous sunrises or music festivals of people dancing, you won’t have seen anything even remotely as incredible, wonderful and joyous as the human race coming home together to peace and happiness!”

• Roz
    Participant

This is really freaky! In my other life (pre Freedom!) I was convinced I had been sent down from another planet to discover how Humans worked, it was a 72 year mission with each earth year being one month on X194. Today I was reading Species in Denial (which by the the way is again fabulous), page 254 talks about armagedon, I had always thought that the reason I was here was to help people through that, the ones that got left behind!

Now am I making things fit? Or is this true, coz its way way freaky and also fantastic at the same time.

I hve to say that with every turn of the page with this book it gets more and more exciting

Is it me? Or does anyone else feel this

Guys we are really into something here, trust me ! ?????

• Tommy
      Participant

Totallyl! And gosh Roz you really are one brave and incredible human. What a journey! All lives are equally amazing really but your ‘ship at sea’ life has me on my knees in terms of how much you fought for the truth to be kept alive. I think the analogy of the Battle of Armageddon is a fabulous one for you. As I understand it it’s all about some people finding the truth about the human condition easier to access when it first arrives than others, as some people live in greater fear and denial of the human condition than others. Once we have this compassionate understanding of all positions in our pockets it’s natural that those that find this easier to hear, ie someone like you who isn’t in denial, can enormously help those that can’t and are in denial. Those lucky enough to be able to first hear this can reassure people that it’s safe now, that especially with the transformed state there is a way to live now with the truth in the world that frees us of the human condition and allows us all to move on to a wonderful understanding-filled world. This information is definitely a fulfillment of your very rare life-long vision to truly help people. It reminds me of Jeremy’s writing on the book ‘The Catcher In The Rye’ that was referred to in another post. I don’t know if you’ve heard of that book but you will relate to it so much. These are a few extracts, but there’s much more written about it in Freedom. Jeremy says it is a “sublime classic of American literature, J.D. Salinger’s 1951 novel ‘The Catcher in the Rye’, is a masterpiece because, like Coles, Salinger dared to write about that forbidden subject for adults of adolescents having to resign to a dishonest life of denial of the human condition—for ‘The Catcher in the Rye’ is actually entirely about a 16-year-old boy struggling against Resignation.” (paras 113-118) And that it is “‘really one long poem about the agony of having to resign to living a human-condition-denying, superficial, totally false existence.” This is another reference in regard to this now-found freedom for the human race, “…Holden Caulfield, the central character in J.D. Salinger’s seminal book, The Catcher in the Rye, said that ‘the only thing that I’d really like to be’ is a ‘catcher in the rye’ saving ‘thousands of little kids’ from going ‘over the cliff’ of Resignation. Well, we can all start living Holden’s dream now; we can all become ‘catcher[s] in the rye’!

You are one in a million Roz, what a special thing that you and this information found each other!

• Roz
    Participant

Hi Tommy, dont know about being brave and incredible, most of the time I was just confused I think! The world I found myself in was extremly alien to me
    It did make for quite a nomadic exsistence though with periods of resignation just because I felt I ought to join in and play ball!

Had heard of Catcher in the Rye, will get a copy, thanks for the heads up

One thing you could tell me Tommy is, (if you dont mind) how apart from knowing this information/framework/truth (havent decided what to call it) is going to save humans, what on a daily basis makes a difference to you, I mean have you sold all your belongings, jacked in your well paid job and started handing out leaflets! ????
    Personally I feel the need to do something, at the moment its talking to friends and some family about it, and at the moment I am still the black sheep, although my sister said I was different lately but couldnt put her finger on why!

Yesterday afternoon, whilst cycling I met a girl I worked with when I was sent here as a holiday rep, 5 years ago, as one does! About a year ago she had a baby, I hadnt seen her and didnt even know she had a daughter! My point being that this little one year old has Downs Syndrome and you could literally feel the innocence and love coming out of her. I was so touched literally by her, now I know why thanks to Jeremy

As for being one in a million? Everyone is important, such a shame people dont realise – it YET! Xx

• Tommy
      Participant

The thing I absolutely love Roz is that if I love and look after this information/ full truth it loves and looks after me, and everything I love and care about, and the whole world. So that’s my simple starting point and everything flows from there. I know that sounds obvious but in terms of what makes a daily difference to me, it really is that mindset. I am just so happy and centered in that place and secure in my path forward.
      In terms of the actual practicals, I want to have as strong and secure home base as possible to help this information, so I’ve started there. I just know that here’s no point me helping more if I have a shambles at home kind of thing(!) but I know small steps will lead to bigger ones. For example I have a few health issues (not life-threatening) that need looking after in the short term so I am focussing on doing everything I can to help that and build my strength up (as opposed to living in denial of them and not dealing with them properly). Even that is very inspiring for me because I know that every step I take towards better health is in support of this full truth that will stop everyone’s pain. I also try to support others who are new to this as much as I can because every little bit of support is so precious for this new paradigm, like I try to be as active on this Forum as possible, to try and help others where I can and encourage them and pass on anything I’ve learnt on my journey and vice versa, and similarly commenting under the WTM emails that are sent out weekly on different subjects. It’s also building more and more support for this which is so crucial and in my small way helping the WTM as much as I can and I know my ability to contribute will grow and grow. I also need to support my own growth with the information too so I regularly look at the website, watch videos and read. And other things are growing like I try meeting with friends regularly to read and discuss Freedom.
      And yes oh gosh the innocence of children with Down Syndrome is so special isn’t it! I met a little boy not long ago and I just melted in his presence and as you say Roz we can understand why now. It is just so precious what is coming to this planet, to think of everyone in that level of innocence and beyond is so wonderful. Anyway hope you have a lovely day and can’t wait to hear more of your journey!

• Roz
    Participant

Just love your emails, thank you so much for taking the time. Greatly appreciated

The fact that this information/full truth/bloody amazing stuff does exactly what it says on the tin!

Again this morning out on our bikes, (my husband is a wheelchair driver and has a hand bike so we cycle together a lot, also a very good excuse to stop for a shandy, although this morning it was for breakfast) anyway we were cycling along all of a sudden he shouts at me to stop to ask when I hadnt moved over onto the other cycle track, in quite a forceful manner, and this is the good bit – that the information clicked in my reaction was different, very different because I knew why he was behaving like it (cycle rage, like road rage is a common occurrence).

Pocketing the win?

Yes definately but his reaction was so different too,we laughed about it later. Now thats just a small example but amazing how changing for everyone!

I have also found that now I dont look for a win all the time its changed my whole outlook and actually nothing awful has happened.

You know we are told as kids ” to watch your back” “its dog eat dog” “everyman for himself” etc etc, i had always thought that was an odd thing to tell anyone and why couldnt everyone just be nice! How every one pumps themselves up to other people, whats all that about, I used to do it, because everyone else did and then you get to ‘fit in’, now I have completely stopped it and I am surprised, not really but you know what I mean that nothing bad happened as i had always been told it would! Ranging from loosing everything, including those close to you, what has happened is actually the opposite!

Have I stumbled on the reason or a reason why people cant let go of all that? I always thought it was fear, which is so sad living in that state all the time isnt it? I think that might of been another omg moment ??????

Thank you again, Tommy get well soon, you need all your strength for the road ahead, we need you x

• Tommy
      Participant

Yes WE CAN ALL MOVE ON from our whole old ways of living, all the proving ourselves and searching for wins and the material success and glory can all go now, because they were all just compensatory strategies while we didn’t have understanding of ourselves. But now we do, we have the real defence of ourselves — we know we are upset but we are good — we can all move on to a whole new paradigm free of the human condition which is what you are discovering more and more every day Roz. Our old ways are obsolete now that we can finally know our goodness. It’s just an astonishing time to be alive! And I think that’s a lovely story of you and your husband laughing about each other’s behaviour and the freedom you are discovering which noone will be missing around you.

In terms of why people resist this information and the resigned state. People do not resign easily. We all start out innocent and suffer variously from all the horror the human condition throws at us, and when we approach our teenage years our personal inquiry into what all the madness is about turns from looking at the world without, to the world within. That’s the horrifically tough one because without understanding how do you make sense of your own personal hypocrisy, anger and egocentricity/ upset? So the majority of humanity have no choice but to adopt the resigned state, but it is out of sheer desperation at having no answers, so you deeply deeply vow never to go back there, it’s just too painful and you think you won’t survive. That’s what causes the deaf effect. It’s a deep fear of the human condition, or a ‘phobia’ like Jeremy describes it Freedom and in this great video to a group of people. He uses a phobia of snakes as an analogy.
      https://www.humancondition.com/wtm-videos/?videoId=freedom_focus-intro&item=1

Getting through the deaf effect and hearing the full potential of this ‘bloody amazing stuff’ is completely possible though, it just needs perseverance and patience and it will all get more and more easy for everyone as more and more momentum is gained. Obviously the fear is understandable but unfounded and that’s what you discover that this completely and finally defends you.

Lots of encouragement Roz, you’re absorbing so much, your brain must be on overload!

• Roger
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Wow there is so much amazing information in this thread and I think Roz, Tommy and Susy have covered the power of this information through their personal experience in the most exciting “macro” way, so I would just read them again.

Once you shed light on how we developed a conflict between “instinct and intellect” then had to “resign” to the upset that conflict had created in the world and in ourselves, then understanding the commitment to whatever “resigned strategy” we held onto to give us some relief / escape / and validation from the inability to explain why we were good and not bad … they have covered why religious people can struggle with accepting this information as much as anyone else.

I would start by saying I agree with PaulM who quoted Griffith saying that “religions aren’t being threatened by the arrival of dignifying understanding of the human condition—they are being fulfilled” … this explanation / moment in time, is what profits in the bible were writing about and all of them were thinking of.

Whether your strategy to cope with the HC is to be the “funny guy in the room” or getting into the pseudo idealistic environmental movement or living through the embodiment of the ideals like Jesus or Buda in a religion, we have all been desperately committed to them because those causes or strategies are what gave us a sense of worth and protection from the fear / inability to reconcile our behaviour with the ideals.

And that brings us back to the excitement of the HC being over, that as those profits from the bible metaphorically described and Griffith explained, now is our time to return to our idealistic / cooperative / loving state (Adam and Eve) but with an understanding of ourselves. I can’t remember the exact quote from Freedom but its words to the effect of “we are returning to that idealistic state and knowing it for the first time”

Thanks everyone above.