Home Forums The Transformation How to stay "transformed"?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Conrad 1 week ago.

• Author
  • ben85
    Participant

I don’t think I’m fully “transformed” but I’m in this forum so I kept on point. It’s weird how that word is so uncomfortable in the irk-some way like its some utopian, wacky nirvana which is unfortunate since once you get your head around the logic of it then it is the appropriate description “transformed” from your previous state of bewildered confounded baseless & insecure person to an informed, secure, knowing person. Sorry not the point of my question just a side note when typing the word. I need hel on how you do completely stop the ego winning. I know too well I’m ‘getting a win’ and in my head I say ‘ you don’t need to do this (tell my family how successful I am, be loud at dinner table conversations with the boldest stories, continue to put together my manufactured facade) this is all over, explained, defended, done. Why are you carrying on with this redundant insecure behavior? BUT I STILL DO IT! AND WANT TO!
    What do you do?

• Carlos
    Participant

I’ve been travelling around Australia with my girlfriend and recently had my 30th birthday :) She gave me Freedom: The end of the human condition and it was incredible timing for me to be out in big landscape country reading this stuff that rang so true. It felt like I could see EVERYTHING, the colours of the landscape, the greens, the ocres and it opened up my internal world and made me feel deeply connected to the integrative meaning of life. It just all hit me with a thud and has had a big impact on me so wanted to say a big thanks. I feel transformed but I also feel that when we get back I’m going to get lost in all the crap again. How to stay transformed? I’m going to keep coming back to this source because I do think it’s something we’ll have to work at. Also having my girlfriend to talk to and keep it alive will help I hope. It’s funny how you can feel it slipping away the moment you put the book down but I know I don’t want to go back and feel I can’t now anyway.

• JamesMac
    Participant

All you need to do is keep reminding yourself that the human condition has been solved. It’s been solved!! And it becomes that simple when you boil it all down. Every time I tell myself that – which is several times a day – I’m just like – S*#@ yeah man, this is incredible. I don’t have anything to worry about and I can just live with this knowledge that the human condition has finally been explained – I know it has – and do all I can to support that development. And man am I a happy human knowing this. Sure, I can get into an argument with someone at work or something upsets me and I go straight back into the old mindset where I don’t have this knowledge and I feel defensive etc. But that’s when I tell myself, dude, all that shit is over with. No more waiting for the sun, it’s here and we can fully and rationally embrace that. It’s just the best life ever having this knowledge in your brain. And yeah, fight to keep it alive because why wouldn’t you – it’s so good and so worth it and so needed. It damn near makes me want to get up and dance right here and now!!! Yep…I’m dancing right now.

• orva
    Participant

There are many ‘human conditions.’ One of the universal old but ever-new conditions is the desire to transcend our feelings of limitation. One of the common ways of doing that is taking on, mentally and emotionally, a new ‘thought system’ or ‘philosophical formula’ or belief in a divine helper, and so on.

The point is the feeling of having expanded beyond current old feelings of limitation; of fear and inadequacy and loneliness. Those old feelings are the true ‘human condition.’ And it is in the direct confrontation AND acceptance of our limited condition that we finally approach the threshold of true transformation. It must start with the realization of our limitations.

The actual lasting change for good, for peace and happiness, can then be founded on the inner awareness of our limitations and the determination and decision to ‘go toward the light’, To ‘do the right thing’, to dedicate our every action and intention to the furtherance of that ‘highest good’ to the best of our abilities. To actually live up to the ideals we profess.

Transformation is individual, one person at a time. It is fun wanting all those ‘others’ to change and get up to our standards but just right there we are mostly wasting our time [and the time of those others], As Ghandi supposedly said, ‘We must be the change we wish to see in the world.’ But it always starts with the individual. IF the individual changes for good the spirit of it will automatically attract and bring along those ‘others’ we were so worried about.

So– what now? Look within. Face honestly what you see. Get to know who you really are. When you transform You then and only then can World Transformation begin. Don’t worry about ‘feeling good’ and ‘being happy.’ All that will come in massive quantities once you have actually changed yourself to incorporate the highest good you can conceive. It need not be overwhelmingly difficult. You can begin this very moment with instant results if you are truly honest with who and what you now are and resolve to now and always work on achieving and being the very highest you can conceive.

That’s the only way, friends, no organization can do it for you. It’s always entirely up to you.

• Keith
    Participant

Hi Orva,
    I don’t think you’re understanding what is being presented on this website. There is only one human condition, basically all the rest of human behaviour/s are symptoms of that one single issue. The human condition is the underlying insecurity and suicidal depression from being unable to explain our dark side. That is what is so exciting about what Jeremy Griffith is explaining. If you can solve and therefore end the one underlying issue then all the other symptoms and problems end with it.

Everything you are talking about in your post is new age, dogmatic, feel good, keep the human condition at arm’s length. You are basically just telling us that we just have to be ‘good’ and not ‘bad’. Like communism or political correctness, you just have to “dedicate our every action and intention to the furtherance of that ‘highest good’ to the best of our abilities” as you say. But that’s not what this website is about at all — a dogmatic insistence that we have to be ‘good’ has never worked and never will, the question that had to be answered, which Jeremy Griffith finally has, is WHY don’t we just be ‘good’ (loving, cooperative and selflessly behaved)?

What Jeremy Griffith explains is that there is in fact a very good reason why we behave the way we do, but until we could understand WHY, we couldn’t hope to end all our crazy/mad/human condition afflicted behaviour. But now we can understand from a biological stand-point, that in fact the human condition (singular) began 2 million years ago when we developed our fully conscious thinking brains, and at which point a battle broke out between our instinctive orientations and our newly developed conscious thinking brains.

Anyway, Jeremy Griffith has explained it all on this website and in his books, so I suggest you go back and have another look at all the introductory material on the homepage, because what you are describing is so far away from what is being presented/discussed in this forum. And the truth is there is a wonderfully, relieving and exciting transformation now on offer for humans, but it based on truthful biological understanding of ourselves and our species not some dogmatic, new-age insistence on being good.

• Orva
    Participant

In my long lifetime of seeking, I have often thought I had finally discovered ‘the secret of the human condition.’ A great many others have thought so too– poets, philosophers, psychologists, shamans, religious visionaries, and others.
    There is nothing New Age about my previous comments; the ‘struggle’ is as ancient as recorded history [at least] and as universal as all the human tribes of earth. For example, read the book of Job in the Christian bible.
    To say that Jeremy’s ‘discovery’ has now solved the human condition is really not saying anything at all. A tree is known by its fruit. I see little evidence of fruit here. What I see is people attaching to their newest latest hope for transcendence of their realization of limitation. Saying that instincts are at war with rational thought is not anything new nor does it solve anything.
    Where is the evidence? A few people who are ardent Jeremy followers and new believers in the WTM do not constitute evidence. Many people have been ‘saved’ by belief in some system or philosophy imposed from outside themselves. That type of ‘Salvation’ does not last and is soon replaced with the next ‘great new thing.’ The only real change will occur when the person is willing to do the hard honest inner work as I’ve said in my previous comments. How does supposedly knowing why we feel conflicted solve the problem? True, it’s a start. But that’s all it is. And it isn’t the only possible one. The thing that has any chance of ‘saving’ us is self-investigation and the persistent pursuit of doing ‘the right thing’ and ‘turn to the light’ as that becomes ever more revealed to the sincere truth seeker.
    And, yes, I have read ‘Freedom” and several other of his books. I wanted it to be something extraordinary but it just isn’t.
    I made my comments above for those other hopeful ones so that when their inevitable frustration and disillusionment sets in they have something to see and think and do that actually can work and help.
    Keith, you are mistaken to think I don’t understand the WTM philosophy and method. I do understand full well and I do not condemn it– it is my hope that it does indeed work for many adherents.
    So best wishes and good luck to all…

• Orva
    Participant

P.S., …and now I will go away and say no more on this matter after this post.

Everyone is free, as far as I am concerned, to think and feel and believe any way they may choose. It’s not for me to judge.

My thing is just that over my long life of searching I have seen a great many organizations and ideologies and reachers being sold to the innocents as The Answer. Well, everyone wants to be included among the winners so into the happy throng of followers they plunge. The slow dawning of the emptiness of what they really are claiming to believe eventually leaves them embittered and emotional hurting. So– I do speak up occasionally when I see that sad old program unfolding once again.

I’m just offering an alternative that actually has a chance of working: Be honest in looking at yourself inside and outside. Look deeply. If an enlightened change is actually what you want, and not just one more temporary game, then its up to you to be honest in your deep self-investigation and then change what you know to be false and dishonest and embrace wholeheartedly what you begin to see and know is your own highest truth. The ‘answer’ is almost never what anyone else tells you. It arises within your own pure honest heart when you are sincere and ready.
    The results are sure and true and lasting.

Now I will be on my way and will have no more to say on this. Best wishes to one and all.

• Keith
    Participant

There is no doubt that there have been just about endless false claims about the human condition, but at some time the real one had to come, and with the real explanation of the human condition comes the ability to look logically at each one of those claims and very quickly assess if they are really trying to deal with the human condition or just trying to avoid it. For example, we are conscious thinking beings, so therefore, the answer for us has to come from understanding. And the key understanding we needed is WHY we humans behave the way we do. So it is just logical that biology, being the study of human behavior, has to be where the answer finally came from. So there is some very simple logic that cuts out a huge swath of false claims right there. Religions, although built on the great honesty and soundness of great prophets, are not grounded in science and knowledge, they are based on faith, so they were never going to actually solve and end the human condition, just sooth its effects. New age movements like Eckhart Tolle or something are based on ‘living in the now’ and meditation and basically stop thinking. So movements like that are actually stopping thinking not progressing it. So again another swath of options are ruled out, just by simple logic. Jeremy also dismantles each of the false claims from the biological field itself, like Social Darwinism and Eusociality. All with rational logic.

I think you are 100% correct when you say ‘Be honest in looking at yourself inside and outside. Look deeply’. But that is the crux of the problem that we have been facing for two million years, without a rational, logical, biological explanation for all the ‘demons’/human condition afflicted behavior inside of us, honest thinking could only lead to deep dark depression, because any honest look inside ourselves displayed all manner of horrors. That is what is so relieving and ameliorating about Jeremy Griffiths thesis, it explains how, when the overwhelming evidence suggests otherwise, our species are actually good, how we can be the heroes of the story of life on earth when we appear to be destructive blights on the planet. So again, yes, we did have to face ourselves honestly, but until we could explain it compassionately, there was not any possible way on earth we could face the truth and that is why we have had to live without facing it, and block out the human condition and try to prove our worth etc etc.

Anyway, this is the problem for humans, we all want the answer to the human condition so badly, but the whole realm of the human condition is so muddied with false claims that anything that comes from this arena is looked at with such skepticism, not to mention how fearful humans are of the subject.

• Alex
    Participant

I cannot speak on behalf of others but my life has changed so much since I read Mr Griffith’s book. I know what transcendence is and it is very different from understanding and realization. In that sense Orva I am the fruit from this tree and continue to grow.

• Conrad
    Participant

The thing about this explanation of the human condition is that it is ALL LOGIC. It is 100% based on understanding. There is no “leaps of faith” involved at any stage and there are no vague references that go nowhere and explain nothing. This is all knowledge. You can trace the human journey all the way back to the beginning if you want. So in terms of the transformation, all you are actually doing is stopping using your old, misunderstanding-and-misreading based, dishonest way of thinking about yourself and the world and replacing it with a new, completely understanding based, honest way of thinking & feeling about yourself and the world. You’re actually going from a totally unknowing state (i.e. denial) to a completely knowing state (i.e. fundamental understanding of your and everyone’s goodness). So once you can actually KNOW that you’re “good” (instead of just saying it over and over or pretending that you are or whatever other method there is out there) the relief and freedom that sweeps through your bones is undeniable……and understandable!!