normal
forum

Home Forums The Science identity and dominant brain laterality

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Marcella
      Participant

hi everybody, I’m new in this forum and I have some problem in reading and writing english correctly, since my language is italian. So please forgive my mistakes! I have’nt read all the book, but I’m very, very impressed by some ideas that seems to fit in my mental puzzle and my experiences. In other words, my trip toward understanding my nature brings me to share much of your perspective. I am a tween, monozigotic female tween. I believe my mind and my emotion are very like a bonobo female. The difference between my sister and me, I believe, is only that I was born left handed and she was born right handed. That made a huge difference. I was forced to use my right hand in writing, play tennis and all the different activities that in my family and school I was tought to imitate. So, this is my point. I have read a controvertial theory from a german doctor, called Hamer, who stress the difference in identity and behaviour in female and male left handed people, and says that left handed woman have a social pourpose, in social groups, to protect the bond and cohesion between members. The bonobo females description fit perfectly with dr. Hamer theory of interior right hemisphere identity of left handed females, and different sexual reaction in troubled and competitive situation. While right handed female have their dominant identity in left brain hemisphere, and while in presence of a male aggression or deficiency they react riducing female hormons and increase male testosteron, the left handed female react exactly opposite. They increase female hormons and decrease aggressive male hormons, which are located in the right brain hemisphere. All the theory is based on the idea that a big stress from the social environnement strikes first the dominant hemisphere. Dont you think it is interesting that I noticed on myself this kind of reaction? I have a kind of sacred love for babies and children, I could feel the beauty of their innocence and curiosity, in different situation I take a lot of cares of children, no matter if in my family or other people family. It’s like I do not mind of who is the baby mother, just helping is a great pleasure. My sister is very selfish, upset, narcisist, she is very dependent on christian religion, but she does’nt FEEL LOVE, she thinks love it’s an abstract rule that she hopes other people run as a operative system, in order compensate their selfish natural nature. So I wonder if in “Freedom” book I could find some scientific knowledge about hormones and dominant cognitive style relation. I read “The master and his emissary” of Iain Mc Gilchrist, I find very interesting the “Uman given” approch, from english psycologist Griffin and Tyrrel. Thank you a lot for reading my long and maybe hard to understand text.

• Susy
      Participant

Hi Marcella, It’s so wonderful that you have found Jeremy Griffith’s groundbreaking books! You have such an interesting story being an identical twin and your English is definitely good enough to understand your message. I think you will benefit most from reading (or re-reading) Chapter 5 of Freedom, ‘The Origin of Humans’ Unconditionally Selfless, Altruistic, Moral Instinctive Self or Soul’ which is also the topic of Freedom Essay 19 (https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/how-did-we-humans-acquire-our-altruistic-moral-conscience/). As a species and individually we all started with an extraordinarily sensitivity, innocent, all-loving instinctive soul which the bonobos so beautifully evidence. What is so important about Jeremy Grififth’s work is that it explains the root cause of all the problems on Earth which is the human condition, it answers the age-old question of how can we be so selfish, angry and destructive when the ideals are to be loving and selfless? As you get more familiar with these ideas Marcella you will see it’s that underlying issue that really has to be addressed and fixed if we are to solve the world’s problems, not the environment or hormones or culture (as I think Iain McGilchrist is into). I read that the Dr Hamer believes that ‘all diseases ultimately have a psychic origin’, that they are brought about by ‘shock, distress or trauma’ and the great distress/trauma and shock that we are encountering as a species is all sourced at this all-important issue of the human condition. As the FAQ 1.6 says (on the WTM’s website), “Only the psychosis-addressing-and-solving, real explanation of the human condition can stop the destruction of our world and the disintegration of society that is happening everywhere we look. And it is precisely this real psychologically redeeming, relieving and transforming explanation that biologist Jeremy Griffith has delivered in his first principle-based biological understanding of the human condition, which you can see a brief summary of in Freedom Essay 5.” I really encourage you to keep reading Jeremy’s work Marcella, biologically understanding the human condition not only makes sense of, defends and ends all the suffering on Earth it brings about the most wonderful and exciting transformation of the whole human race. Humans are finally free and true peace and happiness can finally return to the planet.

• Marcella
      Participant

oh, thank you very much for your accurate answer, Susy! I will read the essays you indicate to me. I still have to get more familiar whith all the topic. Some sentences in the book are’nt very easy to understand, I have just technical difficoulties in translation. Anyway what you say is very clear. Have a nice day!

Viewing 2 reply threads