normal
forum

Home Forums General Discussion I’m gay – so what now?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • MartyR
      Participant

I’ve taken quite a lot of time to read through and digest all of these issues. The one thing that bothers me, as you can probably tell from the title, is that I’m gay. I don’t need any discussion on the cause of homosexuality as Jeremy proposes it, but I do wonder what I should do now? Do I try to stop living a gay life just because it may be the result of a psychosis? Personally I think that would be very damaging to me. Or, do I accept the transition but leave aside any attempt to “reason” this out and continue to live as happily as I can?

• Tony M
      Tony M
      Participant

Thank you for your important question Marty.

The most fundamental and significant thing about this biological explanation of the human condition is that it brings compassionate understanding—‘reason’—to, and defence of, our upset state. This underlying insecurity and psychosis which exists within every human, is the product of a very deep anxiety, an uncertainty, of not knowing why, when the ideals of life are so obviously to be cooperative, loving and selfless, are humans so competitive, aggressive and selfish. But now with this information, our 2-million-year-long torture of being insecure in our fundamental worth is finally and thankfully over, and we can finally understand that, yes we are upset — but we are good, in fact FREEDOM reveals we are the most heroic and meaningful beings to have ever walked the planet. Jeremy writes in paragraph 764 of F, ‘The courage of all humans who have lived during humanity’s heroic 2 million years in adolescence, during which time they had to face the inevitability of total self-corruption and frustrated despair by the end of their lives, has been so immense it is, and possibly will be for all time, out of reach of true appreciation.’

It also stands to reason that having now found the psychosis-addressing-and-solving, real explanation of the human condition all our upset can subside and heal, but as Jeremy explains, the complete return to health and happiness will take a number of generations. The way we cope in this transition is the Transformed State (which is summarised in FAQ 1.4) and it is not just a way of coping with the truth about humans when it arrives, but an almost unbearably exciting way of living with it making possible the immediate transformation of every human’s life from a human-condition-stricken state to a human-condition-free life of unimaginable happiness and excitement.

We ALL have immense amounts of upset inside us in all its varying forms and the point is not to try to stop being upset but rather, through this understanding, bask in the relief of knowing the greater truth of our fundamental goodness. We can each be completely secure about our corruption, our psychosis, live in support of the truth and work towards a future where children will no longer have to resign and take up these strategies for coping.

We each naturally answer our own questions about what the right way to live is when we put supporting this world-saving information first in our lives. And everyone will have their own answer depending on how they have been affected by the battle of the human condition, but what finally unites us all right across the globe is that self-understanding has brought the human condition to an end, and with it all the pain and suffering on Earth. Humanity has won its freedom! As Jeremy writes in para 1255, ‘Everyone can now come back to life—can wake up from their human-condition-afflicted torpor and look outwards and see each other and the world for the first time, and move across and help each other, and do anything and everything that needs to be done to end the suffering and pain that plagues this planet.’

I hope this is of some help Marty, and again, thank you for your question.

Tony

• MartyR
      Participant

Thank you for your answer. I’m very comfortable with it. I think if I tried to repress it then I would suffer even worse than I have before. Therefore I cannot do that.

• Chris
      Participant

Hey MartyR,
      Tony already gave a brilliant answer so there probably isn’t much need for any more elaboration, as FREEDOM covers it all, however I wanted to share something that might also be helpful.

I’m a straight male (I am attracted to women), and in the old world, without any real explanation or understanding, the idea of someone being gay would have been strange and confronting for me. I am pleased to say however, that with this biological information, into the human condition exposing all our corrupted reality with compassion and truth, I now don’t really care what someones sexual preference is, it couldn’t phase me in the least to be honest. I now understand regardless of which gender you are attracted to, both are psychosis driven and a result of our heroic upset state, the underlying truth being all humans are fundamentally good and loveable regardless of their various encounters with the Human Condition. And secondly and most importantly, it isn’t even the real issue. The real issue has been understanding why humans are good and not bad, and reconciling the guilt and shame and undeservingly but necessarily endured. So with that, I hope FREEDOM gives you true reconciliation and love for your dark side, as it is doing for us all, and know we are all in this journey together. All humans have endured upset and we are all heading out of plato’s cave now, with various scars and wounds from the cave, but onwards toward to sun to bask in the warmth and let the healing begin to happen.

Thanks for your immense honesty on the forum, it takes courage and discussions like this are as beneficial for the reader as it can be for the writer.

• MartyR
      Participant

Many thanks for the illuminating answers. It’s greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 reply threads