normal
forum

Home Forums General Discussion Mindfulness

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  grhm1961 2 months ago.

• Author
  • grhm1961
    Participant

How does this concept of transformation from the human condition differ from that of mindfulness? At a basic level, at least, there seems to be strong similarities. Thanks, Graham.

• Susy
    Participant

Hi grhm! What is so important about Jeremy Griffith’s work for me is that it explains the root cause of all the problems on Earth which is the human condition, it answers the age-old question of how can we be so selfish, angry and destructive when the ideals are to be loving and selfless? It’s that underlying issue that really has to be addressed and fixed if we are to solve the world’s problems. Humanity has developed many marvelous tools and techniques to help calm and center our troubled minds as we suffered under the human condition, such as mindfulness, but they are not a solution to it. Jeremy covers this topic, of whether the technique of mindfulness can overcome the human condition, in this Webinar I attended and is now on the WTM website (https://www.humancondition.com/?videoId=FREEDOM_Webinar_2&item=1). He explains that these tools are effective in their own right, but that they are really about escaping from the human condition, being ‘mindless’ not ‘mindful’ and that ultimately we needed ‘brain food’ not ‘brain anaesthetic’. He says ‘being able to understand the human condition is what really allows humans to accept and be nonjudgmental about their pain, and truly be calmly mindfully aware about their life’ and I can certainly vouch for that! And this is another particular favourite quote of mine from para 1221 of Freedom, “Our thinking mind needed understanding—specifically, understanding of why humans are fundamentally good and not bad, evil, worthless beings. In short, we needed the psychologically dignifying, redeeming and transforming understanding of the human condition.” This transformation is based on understanding and the differences between it and the new age and religions are dealt with in this helpful FAQ https://www.humancondition.com/wtm-faq-how-can-everyones-lives-be-transformed/. I really encourage you to keep reading Jeremy’s work grhm because I tell you from experience it won’t ever disappoint you!

• grhm1961
    Participant

Thank you, Susy. I’m already enjoying my TLS and assisting others to reach the same. Regards, Graham.