normal
forum

Home Forums Feedback Podcasts?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Dean James
      Participant

Hey guys, years and years ago I was lent a recording of Griffith giving a lecture on the human condition. I don’t know what ever happened to it but I remember I enjoyed having it in the car for trips and it just occurred to me to get another copy. Do you have audio recordings or podcasts or anything I can get?

• Alex Dobban
      Participant

Hey Dean, or is it James?! Anyway mate, I download the videos on the website and then I put them in iTunes and then I move them from there onto whatever device I’m currently using. I used to put them on my phone but then I got a new vehicle which has a better stereo and so now I put them on a… I call it ‘the stick’ but my wife calls it my ‘USB Flash Drive’, and so now I play it directly from that. And yeah I agree that it’s excellent for car trips. I listen every single day on my way to work and it’s an awesome way to start my day.

• Dean James
        Participant

Hey ALex, thanks. I’ve just arrrived at work and wish I’d been listening to this stuff instead of the trash on the radio. It’s so grossly, agonizingly mind numbing! I feel way worse now than I did an hour ago. Great solution, I’ll see if I can’t work out how to do that. Any favorites?

• Alex Dobban
      Participant

Hey mate, sorry I never got back to you, I’m not great on technology but the last couple of weeks Ive been listening to the new videos on the homepage and they are so great so they are my favourites right now. You can get them as individual videos or one big one, it depends on how much space i’ve got usually or sometimes I find for some reason it works better for me to have them as little videos it seems to help me listen more – there must be some deaf effect/resigned stuff going on there! That Up River story is a cracker.

• Elise
      Participant

Hi Dean, I do the same sort of thing as Alex, except I use an online MP4 to MP3 converter to turn the YouTube videos into audios so they are smaller to download (I hope thats ok WTM). Then I listen to them during my commute. It’s so easy to spend an hour listening to trash on the radio, but instead I listen to the talks which help me stay connected, and I find that driving and listening is a really good way to absorb the information. I agree about podcasts though, its would be wonderful to have them automatically come as a feed on my phone, it would also be a great way to keep up with new content. I also love the new videos on the homepage, thanks so much Jeremy and Tony and everyone at the WTM for such thrilling viewing!!

• Susy
      Participant

This thread caught my eye as there are podcasts available now of the Freedom essays, narrated by Tim Macartney-snape. They are really awesome! Found at the top of each essay, https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/

• Zia
      Participant

Just wanted to say the podcasts are absolutely brilliant and a huge thank you to the WTM for them. The narration by Tim Macartney-Snape is awesome. Loving listening to all the different Freedom Essays (and over 50 to choose from!!) on my commute and connecting to the real human-condition-resolved world, it makes me feel centred and reassured and excited all at once. I agree with what everyone has said on this thread, it’s amazing to be able to tune in and immerse in this whole other exciting world opening up rather than the ‘mind numbing radio’ etc and a great way to absorb the explanation. I was just listening to Essay 25 on The Truthful Biology of Life. It’s staggering what Jeremy Griffith has been able to explain, so much world-saving truth and beauty and transforming explanation in each podcast. It brings home always how important it is this information is spread throughout the world.

Viewing 5 reply threads