normal
forum

Home Forums General Discussion The War Between Men and Women

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Finch 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
  • christina tanner
    Participant

I have never understood why women are continually struggling to be EQUAL to men. To my mind, every human being is an individual oerson in their own right. Each of us has our own unique set of talents and qualities which we should be valued for. Forcing people into either the ‘male’ or ‘female’ box is how ‘the powers that be’ manage and manipulate their fellow human beings as a means of keeping them in their control. The way to develop and nurture good relationships is to recognise each others attributes and work as a team for the good of all concerned.

I would welcome comments from others on this subject.

Christina.

• pixie
    Participant

We have been oppressed by men because we were not sympathetic to mens egocentricity. I love what WTM member Stacey says in her testimonial: “But every time I lived out my strength and said what I really thought, especially about the insincerity of men’s treatment of women—basically of men being self-centred, totally, seemingly unaware and insensitive towards others and even seemingly unaware and insensitive towards the whole world—it would always end up with men side-lining me and freezing me out. I couldn’t understand for the life of me why, when all I was saying was what was completely obvious and absolutely needed saying, as far as I could see, anyway.”

That is the problem right there. But then she talks about how she can now understand men: “Men backing their ego or their conscious thinking self is exactly what was required of them prior to the human condition being solved. They had to keep going even though the world, and women especially, were criticising them and trying to get them to capitulate to the world of soul.”

And finally, about the deep reconciliation that understanding the human condition now allows: “We can now bring understanding to that gulf and the reconciliation that is now possible, is to me, the most exciting thing on Earth. Men and women can truly, truly be together for the first time, from a base of understanding. I mean, how good is that?”

I recommend that everyone watches Staceys video. Here is a link to it. https://www.humancondition.com/the-wtm/?videoId=Transformation_affirmations&item=3

• AliceW
    Participant

Hi Christina, in terms of your question – why do women constantly try and be equal to men – there is a video on the WTM homepage by biologist Anna Fitzgerald that answers that as she talks about how the human condition explanation ends the war between the sexes. She says without any reconciling understanding of the differences both physically and psychologically between men and women all women could do was try and prove they are equal to men-makes a lot of sense so check it out at https://www.humancondition.com

Also I agree that people should be valued in their own right but the question is WHY aren’t they. Why is there inequality between individuals, sexes and races when we all certainly desire is healthy and harmonious relationships as you say. Jeremy Griffith’s work explains WHY (because we became fully conscious as a species and had to leave our cooperative instincts to fulfil our conscious mind resulting in the human condition state of upset causing all the inequality and destruction of ourselves and our environment). A huge part of that WHY is being able to understand why the war between men and women and all the misunderstanding and pain that has caused. Truly Jeremy’s books present a total revolution of thinking about human nature, especially about men and women, so I encourage you to explore the introductory presentations on the homepage and then the book ‘FREEDOM’ which goes into the detail of the explanation. Here is one of my favourite quotes about men and men from Jeremy’s earlier book ‘A Species In Denial’-the chapter is actually titled Bringing Peace to the War between the Sexes!

‘Ameliorating understanding can be brought to the rift that has existed between the more innocent individuals and races and those more corrupted, between women and men, the young and old. These differences are all manifestations of the underlying conflict between our instinct and our intellect yet it is the lack of understanding that has existed between men and women that has caused some of the deepest wounds in human life. Enormous energy has been spent in the struggles that have taken place in relationships between men and women. The bitterness, heartache, suffering and the hurt to children has been immense. There are so many questions about the relationship between men and women that need answering and with understanding of the human condition it is now at last possible to answer all of these questions.’ https://www.humancondition.com/asid-bringing-peace-to-the-war-between-the-sexes/#toc-73

• Adolf
    Participant

The Gender Wars; just the thing we need to overcome to have harmony between the men and women and replace it wit love

• nomad
    Participant

Check out these two pictures by Leunig. I dont think I can paste the actual pictures here, so you will have to paste in the links.

This is the first one: https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-men-and-women/?scroll_to=leunig&scroll_num=1

And this second one shows the different roles of men and women in the context of the story of Adam and Eve. Brilliant. https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-adam-and-eve-are-heroes-not-villains/?scroll_to=adam%20and%20eve&scroll_num=5

• peajie
    Participant

Hi Christina. One thought for contemplation. Only Women are capable of creation, (although for those who deny the virgin birth then a man is needed as a tool in the process). Perhaps the suppression of females is due to the sense of impotency by servant males? With this in mind we have to question the Christian story of Adam and Eve. Adam Kadman is identified as the first man, whereas “EVE” is the original verb “to be”.
    So considering that there can be no beginning to being it would seem that Eve gave birth to Adam, as one would naturally expect, and not the other way round. Contemplation on this will quickly reveal that all social beliefs and human practices are performed in the madness of a mirror image. As we are so seducingly told: “World Peace can only be achieved by fighting for it”. Hu? now there’s the ultimate oxymoron. [love that word – “gen”(knowledge)is missing when morons are deprived of oxygen]. With best wishes.

• peajie
    Participant

Hi Adolph. perhaps a redefinition? Nothing can be replaced by Love. Love has no separate existence as a thing. It is the foundation energy of ALL life. When it is hidden or covered up, then the truth of all relationships and meaningful life is missing. The only reason anybody fights or expresses any negative response to anything is because they have forgotten they would not exist without love creating them. And that statement does not mean the physical act of gratification which everybody in the world today calls “making” love – as if it could be made or even replaced. lol.

• amfinking
    Participant

Hello Christina

All I can do is absolutely agree with you! I have lived pretty much on both sides of the male and female divide. These days it is becoming more and more clear that in nature, the separation of male and female is just not binary. It must be very annoying for those who like to control us that this science of the gender sliding scale is becoming more and more clear. Perhaps another example of science taking over in a cherishing way.

• christina tanner
    Participant

Thankyou all for your amazing insights to my observations. I am at present very busy working on a local lottery funded project here in Pitsea and am not able to study each individual contribution in depth enough to give them the consideration they deserve. However, soon I hope to get better organised and will answer each one to my best ability. I hope you can all continue the conversation between yourselves and add more insight to this very important topic. Vive la difference!!

• pixie
    Participant

Its amazing that people can comment on this blog, and have no idea what is being presented by the hosts of the forum – the World Transformational Movement and Mr Griffith! People are so caught up in their own stuff, that they don’t even take the time to realise that the host of the forum are presenting a biological explanation of the human condition that they claim brings an end to the war between men and women! Surely we can all take the trouble when commenting on a thread called The War Between Men and Women to read what is being presented and engage with that. It is not as though it is difficult to understand. I dont have a special education, but I can see that it explains why men have had to be so egocentric. And why they dont have to be anymore. And so how that can bring an end to the war between the sexes. So, while I appreciate that sentiments that we should all just love and accept each other are well meaning, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to look at the answer that is being presented to the screamingly obvious question of why we havent all been able to love one another in the first place!!!!! Surely that is what this forum is about. Maybe start here where Griffith explains the war between men and women: https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-men-and-women/?scroll_to=men%20and%20women&scroll_num=1

• amfinking
    Participant

Hello Pixie

In reply to your response #34154, I am sad that you think that only you have read our hosts philosophy, or so it seems that you think from your above referred to input. The so-called war between women and men does not end just because of the WTM, of course. I feel that all responses to Christina Tanner’s #34042 have sufficient relevance to Jeremy Griffiths philosophy to be valid on this forum.
    However, let it not be suggested that getting women to empathize with men and men to empathize with women in a truly supportive way, is going to cause World Transformation on its own. It is a start, where and when it happens.
    Bon Chance.

• pixie
    Participant

Hi amfinking. Sorry, definitely not trying to be rude. That is very helpful what you have written. Now we have a basis for a great discussion! I suppose my response to your comment that the so-called war between men and women does not end just because of the WTM, is to put to you the logic that the WTM is putting forward and see where you disagree. So the logic that Mr Griffith and the WTM put forward is that the war started because men had to champion the ego, which caused them to become egocentric etc, and not having to champion the ego, we women weren’t sympathetic to what championing the ego did to men. We were intolerant of what it caused them to become and how it caused them to behave. And so men were intolerant of us in response because they HAD to champion the ego. But now that the ego has been championed (Mr Griffith’s nerves vs genes explanation), men can ‘put away the sword’ as the WTM phrases it, which means men can stop being egocentric. And on our side, women can at last totally understand and be totally sympathetic to what men have had to do and go through. So that seems to explain why the two genders were at war, and seems to bring them back together again.

Its a lot to digest admittedly, but it makes sense to me!

• amfinking
    Participant

Hello Pixie.
    Thank you for your considered response. Sorry that this is a very brief response. My current internet connection is about to run out. Am away from my base. Will hope to renew this in 24 hours.

• christina tanner
    Participant

Hi everyone,

How nice it is to see you all being so polite to one another. This is one of the ways to bring about a change in the human condition Keep talking and keep up the goodcwork.

Christina.

• Anonymous

These are emotive subjects so politeness is required but what’s going to get us out of here is the honesty these explanations provide.

• Tony Gowing
    Tony Gowing
    Keymaster

I agree Mon – honesty about both men and women’s positions is required or else we are doomed to a life of frustration and resentment. Its good to see someone like Griffith tackling this subject in an accountable way that makes sense in both theory and reality.

• Mairi
    Participant

Hi everyone, Just a thought By us female counterparts by screaming about equality of the sexes are actually contributing to the negativity in the world. Personally I think we make the masculine fight back. What happened to yin and yang. Light and dark. By emsasculating males they have no choice but to fight back. We are given female body parts so that we bear the young , males r given masculine body parts and strength to be our partners to compliment us. Because us females partner up and settle for less than our ideal. “Lust not love” When it doesn’t work out we blame all men. Maybe time to look at what we do wrong and put the blame were it belongs and that’s on ourselves. Personally a lot of the Dark in the world If we really think about it is Male versus female. It really doesn’t matter wether it’s religion based or the work force . in my small opinion A lot of the negative in the world is because females no longer allow males to be males or females to be females.. By females being the head of the home. We had equality. Just my personal opinion. There was nothing lovelier than being loved. Mairi

• Liam
    Participant

Hi. Interesting reading the above thread. I had a couple of thoughts about how I believe WTM framework of knowledge does resolve the root cause of the war between the sexes and therefore does bring that war to an end. I thought to try and articulate this view by way of reference to the cartoons by Australian cartoonist, Michael Leunig, mentioned by Nomad above. For me the cartoons are an arresting snapshot of the underlying gap between men and women. In the first cartoon there are the basic symbols of barbed wire and atmosphere destroying pollution behind the man, and facing him is a tearful women flanked by flowers, trees, the moon and stars. The second cartoon parallels the Biblical story of Adam and Even. A gauge as to the depth of the cartoons’ profoundness and honesty is the emotion its evokes if you give them more than a moments contemplation. Probably best described as a deep sense of sadness. Having said this while these cartoons offer a deadly accurate observation of how we really are, where do they leave us? They don’t really shed light on the root cause of the schism portrayed and instead confront us with a seemingly immutable problem. In contrast, for me WTM work not only honestly articulates our current condition, including the scale and subtleties of the schism between men and women, BUT importantly provides explanation, in biological and evolutionary terms, for that schism. For me the cartoons are like a form of metaphysic and with the benefit of WTM information we can demystify the symbols and translate the truths into actual knowledge. For example, we can go to the heart of the matter and understand why men have engaged in war, been focussed on material wealth and destruction of the proverbial ‘garden of eden’, as denoted by the barbed wire, dirty factory and the razed forest. That is, we can understand that our behavior is not because of some survival of the fittest, competition is the meaning of life driver. Rather our behavior is a product of a conflict between a gene based and nerve based learning system resulting in the human condition. That insight as to the root cause of our condition is the unlocking point. We can progress from observation to amelioration and transformation. I watched the video clips of Stacy Rodger and Anna FitzGerald as suggested. For me what these women say and more importantly the way they say it is powerful evidence of this reconciliation at work.

• Finch
    Participant

Im pretty new to all this so just taking my time but had to say enjoyed this thread. It’s such a huge topic, the whole ‘men are from mars women are from venus’ nightmare, well iti’s been a nightmare for me! Anyway Im feeling very relieved actually to find somewhere talking more deeply about it. Am in the middle of reading this essay I was sent, https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/men-and-women-reconciled/. Not sure yet if I agree it will reconcile the sexes but so far I can’t disagree with it and am hoping it will prove me wrong. Thanks for all your thoughts written down here.