normal
forum

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Susy 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
  • juzzie
    Participant

I am still not finished the book Freedom but one thing I have noticed is that I am thinking a lot more. It is good to be using my brain again to think through complex subjects, like this one. If that is the only benefit of reading this book i.e. thinking more effectively, then it is enough. Because the better our minds can think critically, the more effective we are at identifying the truth when it is presented to us (from any source), and equally effective at identifying lies. Most of us are so used to not thinking, that we believe whatever the vested interests tell us. When we don’t use our brains to think deeply about important subjects, our brains become lazy and downright scared of any new idea that challenges the norm. This forum is the only place where I can discuss topics of this nature, apart from one or two, most people in my immediate circle have zero interest in these topics, and probably think I am insane. Who is the alienated one? But in my book, anything that promotes independent thinking and open and transparent discussion, is a step in the right direction because it permeates all areas of our own lives then, this ability to see the truth quickly and filter out the other noise.

• Michael
    Participant

Thinking, and thinking more and thinking more deeply seems to be the one way forward for individuals and humanity alike, from times immemorial up to the present and beyond… connecting these thoughtprocesses to the personal body and the reality it was born into and lives in, i.e. family of origin, surrounding culture and financial situation and so on is IMO also a requirement for the thinkingprocesses to be balanced with nature, as opposed to being intellectual only…such as for example looking for “the truth”… fantasies and delusions can IMO often result when these thoughtprocesses do’nt have the appropriate natural scaffolding to latch on to, but JG’s intellectual framework seems to me to fulfil any such imaginable requirement…(with the only exeption being an omitted third impasse)…
    With JG’s mental framework as a backdrop, it is IMO possible to incorporate several other scientific theories into it, and also scrutinize/critisize others for their shortcomings relative Jeremy Griffith’s explanations… for example, the current popular Israeli writer Yuval Noah Harari has written about Homo Sapiens and the history of humanity, and according to his book “Sapiens” page 41 there have occurred a number of genetic mutations in the history of mankind, one of which allegedly occurred 2 million years ago when Homo Erectus started to use stonetools, and one some 70 000 years ago when Homo Sapiens started to explore imaginative thinking which constituted the “cognitive revolution”…
    This reasoning is obviously too narrowminded and genefocused to satisfy any mindbodybalanced approach to whatever can be imagined within the concept of “the human condition”, even though it of course gives some food for thought about the timespan involved in our modern computerinterconnected way of thinking…

• GrandPlan
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more with this, reading this material makes the lights go in your mind in the most brilliant way. I also agree it’s hard to bridge the gap with those around you at times but one thing I’ve learnt from delving into this new world of understanding, which is what I think you’re saying also jussie, is that when I’m when my mind is working logically with thel truth front and centre, I know I can trust my thinking and myself and I rely on that more and more rather than relying on my insecure, in denial, obsolete way of thinking. That’s what helps the people around me the most because, even though they choose to stay in denial, if I’m secure about this paradigm then they feel reassured (and maybe even curious). Logical, rational, calm, macro, human condition explained thinking leads to logical, rational, calm, macro, human condition explained thinking leads to…contentment if not pure bliss!

• Tommy
    Participant

Love it GrandPlan. This transformation video is so worth watching again, at about 10.20 mins James describes how ‘you get your brain back’ with this information, it’s that liberating!

• juzzie
    Participant

Thanks everyone that is helpful. It certainly takes some time, leaving and coming back to this information to work through the layers of denial, coping strategies and confusion that my mind has developed throughout my life. Watching the transformation videos is helping to relate to what others have gone through because it seems we are all on a very similar journey. Initially I think I identified with being a ship at sea (undersigned) because it seemed to describe my great upsetness and sensitivity. But I realise now that I did resign at 17 and just got angrier, more upset and confused as life progressed, just like everyone else. So now I am coming to terms with that.

• Tommy
    Participant

I have replied to your other post Juzzie but just wanted to add here that it’s great you are watching the transformation videos, they are really helpful and supportive. And yes while we all have our own subtleties, we are all on the basic same journey. Everyone is out on some lonely outpost in life and this information literally brings us each in from the cold, making sense of the whole nightmare of the human condition filled life. The Adam Stork story does explain and defend you, me, the bloke over the road — our whole species — that we are actually afterall the most wonderful and heroic creatures to have ever hit the Earth. This is another amazing quote from Freedom, para 764, “The courage of all humans who have lived during humanity’s heroic 2 million years in adolescence, during which time they had to face the inevitability of total self-corruption and frustrated despair by the end of their lives, has been so immense it is, and possibly will be for all time, out of reach of true appreciation. And thank goodness all that heroic effort has finally produced the understanding of the human condition that ends that 2-million-year journey of horror.” True liberation for humans at last! And thanks to you and your journey, that sunrise coming over the horizon has never looked stronger! Love to you.

• AliceW
    Participant

Wow I just read your post Juzzie and had to respond because it is so incredible to read of other people’s experiences of being stuck and basically road blocked by our fear and denial to being free to think and feel again and finally make sense of our own journeys as part of the bigger human journey. Blows my mind as I see time and again how this saves our hearts and minds and empowers us change the world through our own transformation.

• Elise
    Participant

Hi Juzzie, it sounds like you are being very sensible with taking the time you need to digest the enormity of this information and the implications it has on you personally and more importantly the future of the human race. In my experience there will be so much going on at a subconscious level, even when you think you’re not thinking about it, so it is the responsible thing to go at a pace that you feel you are able to cope with. Jeremy Griffith’s understandings are very confronting but so relieving and dignifying, and it is important to remember that it doesn’t matter how angry and upset and confused we have become, that was what life living without understanding was like. To resign to a life of upset was a responsible and heroic way to continue the search for understanding, and most of us had no choice but to resign, there was no other way to cope. That is what is so beautiful about the human story, despite so much horror, we humans found a way to survive, we lived off hope and faith that one day understanding would be found that could bring real happiness and meaning to our lives. All resigned humans have paid a price for that battle in that we have become upset, but it is all part of the greater story of the human journey, and with understanding we can now be proud of what we had to become to survive until the human condition was solved, which it now is, so we can just not worry about any of that anymore and get on with supporting this information so future generations don’t have to go through what we did, now that’s a life of real meaning! Juzzie I hope you can find some peace with your situation, every human really is so courageous and despite our upset we all play a vital part in this incredible story.

• Elise
    Participant

Thanks for your post Tommy, I just read this in para 278 of Freedom and thought it tied in with what you said “In chapter 1:3 the story of Don Quixote was used to illustrate the stupendous courage of the human race. This painting by Turner (Fishermen at Sea, 1796) is an equally powerful portrayal of how absolutely incredibly HEROIC the human race has been, huddled together as best we could for some reassurance, and with a few provisions, while we struggled through 2 million years of terrifying darkness and tumultuous storms. To be given a fully conscious brain, the marvellous computer we have on our heads, but not be given the program for it and instead be left ‘a restless wanderer on the earth’ (Bible, Gen. 4:14) searching for that program/​understanding in a dreadful darkness of confusion and bewilderment, most especially about our worthiness or otherwise as a species, was the most diabolical of tortures; as the great denial-free thinking prophet Isaiah put it: ‘justice is far from us, and righteousness does not reach us. We look for light, but all is darkness; for brightness, but we walk in deep shadows. Like the blind we grope along the wall, feeling our way like men without eyes…​Truth is nowhere to be found’ (Bible, Isa. 59). Those lyrics that so plead the terrible agony of our species’ seemingly lost and meaningless condition—‘How does it feel to be on your own, with no direction home, like a complete unknown’—have understandably led to the 1965 song from which they come, Like a Rolling Stone by that prophet of our time, Bob Dylan, to be voted the greatest of all time by that arbiter of popular music, Rolling Stone magazine, in 2011. Yes, how incredibly heroic have we humans been—and how wonderful, beyond-the-powers-of-description, is it to now have freed ourselves from that horrific situation where the ‘truth’ about ourselves was ‘nowhere to be found’!”

• juzzie
    Participant

Just a quick one to let you all know I am doing ok. Had to navigate through a bit of an identity crisis on Thursday after accepting that all those strategies I had developed/relied on during various points of my life, were no longer going to do the trick. Also accepting that I wasn’t going to be “saved” by this info but that I was a conduit for future generations was also a bit disappointing, but I am getting through it ;). I ended up identifying with the original thing I spoke about with tommy about on my first post. When I asked myself who I was now a picture of a bonobo appeared in my mind along with the words strong, tough and full of love. So that seemed to tie in nicely with my instinctual self, which is where I want to come from more and more. Anyway you lot, I am a bit blown away by you all and the support you are giving me. This type of therapy normally costs thousands of dollars, and her you all are doing it all for free without any conditions. Thank you from my heart. Love.

• Tommy
      Participant

Hi Juzzie, There’s no need to reply to this as you might be needing some time to absorb everything but I just felt like touching base and saying hello to you and hope you are nurturing along that strong and full of love self of yours! You are on a big journey of adjustment Juzzie and there will be no doubt so much going on in your head. We/the whole of humanity have been on such a huge, huge journey without understanding so it is a shock for a while when understanding does actually arrive. I like to remember the concept of ‘future shock’ that Jeremy refers to in Freedom, and be kind to myself. The ‘paradigm shift’ drawing at the start of Chapter 8 is also something I keep in my head all the time as it keeps me in the bigger ‘macro’ picture, that ‘birds eye view’ that puts everything into it’s greater perspective and framework. Anyway as I said no need to reply to this, I was just thinking of you. Sending you love and encouragement Juzzie.

This is a great bit from Freedom that I read this morning, so thought I’d include it as well, it’s from para 1258:
      “We humans have, in truth, all been asleep, owned by so much pain and suffering. And, certainly, we are going to be in shock for a little while absorbing the realisation that we have finally won our freedom from the agony of the human condition—but it’s on, the great awakening, the rising up of the human race from its deep slumber. From the festering, stalled state it has been in for far too long, waiting for these liberating understandings of the human condition, the human race is finally on its way!”

• Tommy
    Participant

It’s an absolute delight to follow along with your journey Juzzie, you are an inspiration and as AliceW said in her post to you it is incredible to see others being transformed by this information before your eyes. You are obviously a very strong, sensible and generous woman Juzzie with a lot of love to give so I’m glad you have that truthful vision of yourself in your mind. While it’s true that it will take a few generations for the human race to heal from the human condition (which is a very short time considering we have been suffering for 2 million years), it’s not true that this information can’t immediately save you from it. What is immediately possible is that because the resigned competitive world is now obsolete, including our personal strategies, we can let go of these strategies and take up the transformed state and live for the new world and all its potential which is unbelievably liberating, exciting and fulfilling. The TS gives you a security, certainty, true happiness and purpose you would never dream possible! You will read this soon in Chapter 9 if you haven’t already, but the amazing positives of the transformed state are summarised in para 1166, “Yes, the excitement and relief of being effectively free of the human condition—the joy and happiness of being liberated from the burden of our insecurities and self-preoccupations; the awesome meaning and power of finally being aligned with the truth and participating in the magic true world; the wonderful empathy and equality of goodness and fellowship that understanding of the human condition now allows us to feel for our fellow humans; the freedom now to effectively focus on repairing the world; and, above all, the radiant aliveness from the optimism that comes with knowing our species’ march through hell has finally ended and that a human-condition-free new world is coming—CAN NOW TRANSFORM EVERY HUMAN AND THUS THE WORLD.”
    The other section that you will read soon is the quote from WTM member Tony Gowing when he was asked to describe the main selling point of Freedom, it’s in paras 1256-1257. I was going to try to quote a little bit but it’s all so good so it’s too long for this post but you’ll get a lot out of that too. So much love and encouragement back Juzzie!

• deb
    Participant

This is an interesting thread. A agree with the initial comment from Juzzie. It certainly feels like for the first time in a long while I am ‘thinking more’ and being able to question all aspects of life at a profound level. And this time have the answers!

• Susy
    Participant

That’s brilliant Deb. It reminds me of something Tim Macartney-Snape said about Jeremy Griffith’s work, ‘For me, Jeremy’s explanations have clarified so much that was inexplicable about myself and what goes on in the world. It is like having mist lift from country you’ve never seen in clear weather.’ It’s certainly been like that for me! Understanding the human condition is just amazing and it never disappoints. To be free of the burden of ‘ignorance’ and know that there is a bright future for us all makes me feel like I’m walking on air!