normal
forum

Home Forums General Discussion Welcome to the General Discussion forum

This topic contains 43 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Ari 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    WTM Admin

Welcome to the General Discussions forum! With the human condition explained and resolved there is so much to discuss, and this is the place to share your thoughts and see what others are thinking. Remember that conversations relating to the science underpinning the explanation of the human condition can be found in the Science forum; and those relating to the exciting and liberating new way of living that is now possible through these understandings can be found in the Transformation forum. Of course, as conversations in this topic grow and converge, we may move them into their own forum.

• Kevin
    Participant

I have watched all the intro videos, started to browse the website, and begun reading the FREEDOM book. What I don’t get from all I have read and seen is a sense of how many women are involved in the Transformation Movement. Some basic stats would be helpful.

• Genevieve
    Participant

Hi Kevin. The WTM consists of both male and female members with a fairly equal balance of both. You can read more about the WTM at this link https://www.humancondition.com/the-wtm/#about-the-wtm and you will also see affirmation videos from our founding members, both men and women. Hope this helps, Genevieve

• Liam
    Participant

Last week I read about a 16/1/17 report published by Oxfam that “eight individuals, all men, own as much wealth as the poorest half of the world’s population some 3.6 billion people”. By comparison, in 2010, “it took the combined assets of the 43 richest people to equal the wealth of the poorest 50 percent”. All the while “1 in 10 people survive on less than $2 a day”. I could only half laugh at how mind boggling these numbers were and this is just one of horrific symptoms of the Human Condition at play each day. Thinking about it later my mind went to the analogy that Tony Gowing uses on WTM video of the ‘up river story’ (well worth watching). He describes a torrent of water sweeping a continuous mass of people down a river to their death. A small group of people on the bank are trying to rescue as many people as they can but it is a hopeless cause as the vast majority of victims are still lost. Eventually the group decides to go up river to find and remedy the cause for why the mass of people are in the river in the first place. With the benefit of WTM explanation of the HC I can see that bigger and better philanthropy is “pseudo idealism”, is about pulling a few more people from the river but fundamentally changes nothing. In stark contrast, WTM work goes to and resolves the source problem of the HC – the psychological mess in our head. If I feel overwhelmed at the task WTM is committed to I go and watch the Denialators song “Lets Go”. I can feel the “Lets Go” of these people, the lets end all this horror is real, is genuine, is really on.

• Roger
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    This is my first message and I’m really excited. This will be a bit all over the place but I can’t believe how many subjects are being spoken about so openly AND it makes sense. I’ve got this amazing feeling that I actually don’t have to pretend or try to be anything or anyone other than myself for the first time ….. ever……..and I don’t need to feel horrible about the horrible elements in myself for the first time …..ever.
    I can see I’ve got a really exciting period of time in front of me.
    Thanks guys
    Roger

• Clint
    Participant

G’day Roger. You are definitely in for an exciting ride. The power of understanding a problem rather than being a victim of it is incredible and the problem we all have been a victim of is the Human Condition. Now that it’s solved we can leave it behind and realise our full potential as conscious thinking beings. There actually is a real world waiting for all humanity where unconditional selflessness is the driver and the excitement once you see the possibilities that grow from that are almost too much to bear. Please keep us up to speed with your discoveries.

• yarzan
    Participant

Hi, I’m wondering if there is any forum or other organisation in Ireland that I could attend ??

Cheers,

Pat

• WTM Admin
      WTM Admin

Hi Yarzan, at this stage we have WTM Centres in Sydney and Melbourne in Australia; in Austria in Europe; and in Zambia in Africa — and expect to establish further centres around the world as support grows for this Jeremy Griffith’s all-important breakthrough understanding of the human condition, and that includes Ireland!

In the meantime, for those not living in the vicinity of a WTM Centre, the internet is obviously a great way to communicate with us, and also to help spread knowledge and build awareness of this information the explanation and its world-saving potential to everyone around the world.

The WTM page shows the numerous ways in which you can interact with us and others interested in this information, including obviously this Forum, where you can start your own topics and read and respond to what others have to say; our Chat facility, where you can live chat with a WTM Member; and of course, our Social Media channels, which provide powerful insights, images and videos on this whole new paradigm of thoughtrelating to Jeremy Griffith’s explanation of the human condition.

And if you haven’t already, you can also Subscribe to our mailing list to receive weekly educational emails on this all-important understanding of the human condition, as well as news updates, and inspirational examples of how resolving the human condition opens up a whole new world of understanding and brings about the dreamed of transformation of the human race.

Finally, becoming a Member is the ultimate way for people to participate and support this project. Once you become a member of the WTM, we will put you in personal contact with a current WTM member who will be available to email, call and interact with you so you can talk about the transformation of the world and your personal journey within this new paradigm.

• Nigel
    Participant

Hi all, I have literally been bawling my eyes out for the last 35 minutes out of pure release. I have been captain of the HMS Nigel for the last 43 years, lost at sea. I’ve learned about ancient cultures, religion, science,taken drugs, tried meditation etc, searching for why the world is the way it is, why people are the way they are, why they don’t love me in the same way I want to love them I guess.

I thought I was unworthy, different and alone. Other people seem so fulfilled and happy being part of a system that was ruthless, arbitrary, childish and ultimately pointless.

So I excluded myself, tried to find meaning in becoming a father, something I never really had. I realise now how selfish that was, basically creating a small tribe that has to love me. Problem is my inability to function in society, my need to escape, made me a terrible dad.

First I worked very long hours, thinking that giving them all the things society says they need, was the go. Then I quit work to spend more time with them because they were failing at school, getting bullied and so on.I become a disciplinary douche bag, trying to bully them into doing better. Then I gave up, became depressed, lost my self on the internet.

I know I have bought into this whole thing, very quickly. I asked myself if I was accepting this as truth just because it feels good? However I have a degree in Aquatic resource management and the science makes sense, the logic makes sense. Intuitively it even feels like truth. My only concern now is will other people get it.

I genuinely believed most people were too rotten or too stupid, for society to make the changes it needs to. You have given me hope, freedom from my own guilt and self hate and most importantly a new sense of purpose. I now understand myself in a way I never have before. Thank-you.

• able921
      Participant

Nigel, have you seen the video of Brian Carlton on the WTM’s website, where he says, “you never forget the euphoric moment when you realise this really does explain the human condition”? It is in the commendations section on the WTM homepage. https://www.humancondition.com/?videoId=commendations&item=1. I dont think his experiences are the same as yours, but for getting someone on the record remembering what it was like to find the explanation of the human condition, it reminded me of you.

• Kevin
    Participant

Given that Jeremy was so badly treated by the ABC, there might be some poetic justice to be had if he was invited onto James Carleton’s very interesting radio show, “God Forbid”.

• abi
    Participant

From what I can gather, your ABC is very like our CNN, and so I wouldn’t go anywhere near them. Beyond that, I suppose for the WTM, it would come down to a matter of principle, not to have anything to do with them.

• Liam
    Participant

Hi Nigel. I really enjoyed your post and relate to a lot of your story grappling with the Human Condition as best you could like all of us before coming across the work of the WTM. You mentioned the concepts of meaning and purpose. In my experience, just one of the tremendous rewards of deepening our understanding of WTM work is an ever growing and authentic sense of meaning and purpose. In terms of whether other people get it I know what you mean but you giving voice to the effect of WTM work on your outlook is a microcosm of the paradigm shift at work and another shoulder to the wheel. Look forward to hearing more of your journey in due course.

• MREquals
    Participant

Hello WTM, this is Michael, I have been reading and re-reading each chapter at a time for Freedom: The End Of The Human Condition so fare I am on Chapter 8:14 The Hollow Adolescentman. I am getting a better understanding of myself and others around me, I know when I am done I will have a full understanding. I am in the Transformation Prosses and eager to join the movement once I am done, but I am taking my time because I am not as fast as I would like to be and I know it took 2 million years of this upset so it’s going to take time to recover from it I just hope it doesn’t take 2 million years to do so. I know I feel better as I come close to finishing the book and I will feel even better once I am done reading it. Thank you so much for such a great gift!

• WTM Admin
    WTM Admin

Thank you Michael for your wonderful feedback. We’re thrilled to hear you are benefiting so much from reading FREEDOM and that you’re being patient with yourself in taking your time to work through it all. It’s such a massive subject with so much new information to consider and absorb so it does absolutely take time and patience! The beauty of your approach is as you say, you will have a solid understanding of these explanations and I think you’ll find chap 9 very helpful in describing the simplicity of the transformation process which is just a natural consequence of being able to understand the human condition and that the need to prove our self-worth is actually over. And although it may take some time for people to realise that this information is what it says it is as with any new scientific breakthrough in history, once it catches on, the infectious enthusiasm and selfless love it liberates will spread like wildfire! Thanks again Michael for sharing your journey on our forum. We very much look forward to celebrating with you at the end!!

• rob@learninglife14
    Participant

Hello all, i have just joined the WTM after coming across the website on social media, thank heavens for algorithms that bring up pages we might like. I have been on a journey of discovery since my teenage years, and am now 48. It is an amazing journey this life, when you stop and face the reality that you really do know nothing, but just by asking why things are the way they seem to be, you are given access to an open mind that can use all the collective human experience that has come before you to unravel those questions.I have learned that we are all on a unique journey of who we are and what we can become as individuals, and i have no doubt that this organisation is the key to evolving our species beyond the current impasse we have found ourselves at. Of course this evolution, as with any process which sets out to change established patterns of thought will be met at times with friction, however i cant contain my excitement to be involved because i cant think of a more beautiful way to continue enjoying my journey of human experience, than being a part of something that transcends the individual pursuits of self. Thank you Jeremy, and everyone involved for who you are and what you have accomplished so far. I look forward to a long relationship of learning from you all.
    Rob

• Tommy
      Participant

Wow Rob what a beautiful comment. I feel so very humbled when comments like yours hit this Forum, where you are so easily able to access the truth in Jeremy’s work and deeply appreciate it. Everything you are discovering about Jeremy and his fabulous unevasive, ‘open mind’ and this information is so true, and you will only discover more and more as you continue to absorb it’s profound logic how right your comment is, that this information ‘is the key to evolving our species beyond our current impasse’. ‘Freedom’ provides humanity with exactly as it says on the front cover ‘At last, the redeeming, reconciling and rehabilitating biological explanation of the human condition that brings about the dreamed of dawn of understanding and ends all the suffering on Earth’. Humanity can now legitimately move on from the agony of the last 2 million years, and all be transformed through this ‘holy grail of insight’ (to quote Prof Prosen’s Intro which I love) and return home together. We are free! And it is simply an astonishing time to be alive when we actually fulfill the whole of humanity’s journey! I can’t contain my excitement either Rob and I really look forward to our continued learning journey too!

• Clifton
    Participant

Hello. Is this the proper thread for the hello?

Do I have to read the book? I think I already agree with 100% of the concept. The book is big and intimidating and kind of boring, in fact often repetitive. I got tired of it. Do I have to read all of it?

:)

• Tommy
      Participant

Hi Cliftonprince. I’m actually not sure from your comment how familiar you are with the WTM’s ideas but it is obviously important to ground yourself in the information in some way to be able to truly assess it. I don’t think you have to start that journey with necessarily reading the book Freedom, although to read it at some time in your journey would I think be important. The WTM have on their homepage a video series that is really powerful, it says there that the first 4 videos are ‘the key to understanding and solving everything’ so maybe that would suit you better at this stage? Or the Freedom essay series are great too, and they cover heaps of the book anyway, so having something smaller might be better. I;ve put those links at the bottom. This is a huge new ‘paradigm shift’ as it says in Freedom that this information opens up and it can be intimidating to start as we’re all so afraid of the human condition, but the more you get familiar with these ideas, the more you’ll realise that with understannding of the human condition now here, we are all standing on safe ground now in a completely understanding-filled and transformed new world. I’d actually read Freedom essay 11 too, it’s extremely helpful in terms of explaining why we historically have difficulty reading about the human condition, or listening to it, and also the solution to that. When you’re not aware of why we have such a fear of the human condition, it explains there that the presentation is blamed eg. saying its repetitive. Anyway it’s a really awesome essay which I’m sure you’ll get heaps out of just as I did. Hope you continue on with digesting this info clifton, from my experience it will never disappoint you but fill you with more joy and optimisim and security and meaning that you ever thought possible.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Tony Gowing Tony Gowing.
    • Susan
      Susan
      Keymaster

Hi Clifton, You may like to read this FAQ 1.16 as it deals directly with the questions of ‘why is there so much apparent repetition?’ and ‘why am I struggling to read Freedom?’, https://www.humancondition.com/wtm-faq-why-cant-I-understand-this/

• Clifton
    Participant

Thanks, not really what I’m asking (though you would have had no way to know). Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, sorry I didn’t put more fulsome information about myself in my first inquiry. Is there a better thread where a thorough discussion can get started? I don’t really want to be cluttering up the front-page welcome-mat. :)

• gretchen
    Participant

Hello WTM Admin. I was wondering if it would be acceptable for me to quote the books profusely in a blog or website that I would create and manage and link everything back to http://www.humancondition.com? That way there are multiple websites for people who are searching to stumble upon and find your website and resources. This would be a non-profit organization website.

• WTM Admin

Hi Gretchen, thank you for your enthusiasm in wanting to create a blog or website to support these world-saving ideas which is wonderful because the more people discussing them out there the better! We do encourage people interested in being involved at this level to firstly become a member (as I can see you’ve done), as membership provides the platform to discuss support of this nature. Your personal membership contact will be in touch with you about this Gretchen.

• brookelook
    Participant

Hi All, my initial reaction is…yes of course! This has been my understanding for quite some time and yet the shit still goes on around me. It won’t change the world. Almost all religions try to make sense of our condition to give us some kind of peace. But when you watch your loved ones struggling with illness brought on by their denial of their own mistakes or insecurities you think how can this really help someone who doesn’t want to see? Back to the cave issue. I understood that analogy when I first heard it at Uni and have seen life around me as bundles of bullshit and delusion ever since. I still suffer from time to time, although it is more voluntary these days. I love the hope you all have, but really nothing will change the world, maybe a few lives but buckle up for some more disappointment. Most people will either being floating down stream or watching on. You have to wait for people to figure out how to climb out. If they ask for answers they are ready to learn. That is what is happening here. Nice to see though. Overcoming insecurities also involves accepting you really don’t matter a jot. Then if you don’t matter then neither do your actions…and so the circle goes round.

• Susy
    Participant

Hi brookelook. Your scepticism is waranted, goodness we have been stumbling around on Earth for 2 million years without any answers just doing the best we could, with all manner of disappointments and delusions and suffering just being been part of that ‘hell on Earth’ ‘life’. As you say religions have had the job of looking after us through this immense battle, but as it says in Freedom, “while religious assurances such as ‘God loves you’ may have provided temporary comfort, they too failed to explain WHY we are lovable.” (para47, which is a really good one to read in full). This biological understanding answers that in logical, rational, biological terms —it explains the historically inexplicable of how we could be good when we appear to be so bad. Our human condition is at last made sense of and it’s an incredible breakthrough for us all. People COULDN’T ‘figure out how to climb out of’ the stream or out of Plato’s cave until we had actual understanding. In fact what you will learn is that all the denial and ‘bullshit’ that we go on with has all been for the most glorious, heroic reason. So I do really urge you brookelook to persevere with looking this stuff, it actually is the real deal. The ‘circle’ of suffering and insecurity and destruction is now broken.
    In paragraph 1218 of Freedom, it says ‘The human race has always hoped and believed that some day, some where, at some time humanity’s heroic search for and accumulation of knowledge would lead to, as Alan Paton hoped, ‘the dawn…of our emancipation’—the finding of the liberating understanding of the human condition—at which point every aspect of human life that was seemingly so inexplicable would suddenly make sense, and we can now see how true that hope and belief was. Out of an overwhelmingly complex and problematic existence a straight forward and totally effective, extremely-rapidly-repairing-of-human-life-and-the-Earth, way of living for humans is now able to emerge.’

• Ari
    Participant

Hi everyone. I read A Species in Denial’ about 10 years ago at the request of my brother. The first read was awful (too hard). The 2nd read 12 months later was amazing. But what is more amazing, I just re-read ‘afterlife explained’ in the ‘Demystification of Religion’ and it is extraordinarily brilliant. Jeremy, this is, I think, the most brilliant bit of writing I have read in my 48 years of life. Wow!

It’s strange how something can make so much sense 10 years after you first read it or come across it. And I think that’s the message I have. Stick with it. It’s so right it can’t possibly be wrong.

• Ari
    Participant

I just read Clintons email above. Sounds exactly like me. The book is boring, repetitive, long, tiring and more. Clinton that is exactly how I felt for 5 years! I promise you, more than anything else in the world, that if you put it down for 3 months and go back to it, you will be blown away. Please go back to it, because it solves everything.

And if you’re like me, you may not be on the front line fighting this battle, like the heroes at WTM centres around the world, but you will be free and liberated and ecstatic and the impact it will have on your life and well being. Good luck!

• adamjedgar
    Participant

Guys this is my second post on this forum…i didnt introduce myself in the right place (instead diving into a thread first). So, with a little rewind, here goes…

I first stumbled across this movement as a result of researching what happened to Griffith Tablecraft (a place i worked for a short time in 1988 and have very fond memories of. My first real job at Griffith Tablecraft inspired me to become an Industrial Technology teacher (I have moved on from this career to run my own business these days). In my search i stumbled across Jeremies book.

i have not yet read the book, its a journey i am about to embark on.

a caveat i wish to add at this point…I am a Christian (Seventh Day Adventist). I am not a great role model of a Christian, however, I do believe quite passionately in God and Creation.

Having said the above, I am not a person who aims to block other philosophies from my mind. I think its important that we consider as many theories/facts about where we came from? why we are here? and where are we going?

I am not a high level writer…apart from the obvious degree goal, studying academia completely muddled the language of a low socioeconomic status “Bogan” from Newcastle NSW Australia!

I come to this forum as an open minded person genuinely seeking to understand Jeremy’s philosphy and writings. My aim is to compare and contrast them with my existing beliefs and lifes experiences as a father and husband to further my own journey through life.

i wish to conclude my introduction by honestly outlining that my thoughts develop/evolve through discussion…so my threads may be somewhat convoluted as a result of this (my apologies up front). My first question on the forum may be controversial from the get go, however, since i understand my own philosophy better than i understand “The Human Condition” it is where i feel i have to start.(i hope this isnt a problem)

kind regards
    Adam

• Susan
      Susan
      Keymaster

Thank you for your thoughtful introduction Adam. Because this is such a massive paradigm shift in understanding with so much to absorb we do encourage newcomers as a first step to investigate the material freely available on our website http://www.humancondition.com, starting with the Introductory Video Series and the summary booklet ‘Transform Your Life And Save The World’ which provides a good overview of the fundamental concepts. In dealing with such a historically difficult subject for us humans, these biological explanations of the human condition are very confronting by nature and in addition although ultimately a fulfillment of religion (as explained in WTM FAQ 6.3), they do demystify religious concepts which some people can find incredibly challenging. So our best advice is to take things a step at a time Adam and begin by investigating the basic concepts presented in the first 4 videos of our Introductory Video Series, and there is lots of other good material if your interested in the concept of God.

• NormanC
    Participant

I am on video 12 now, and have still not heard any detailed explanation about the human condition.
    I was expecting to be presented with biological evidence and facts, yet all that has been briefly said is that there is a difference between genes and nerves, and between the limbic and neo cortex parts of our brains.

When can I expect to hear actual fact based evidence of these interesting claims.
    Feel like I have been wasting my time and that your are just circling the hot porridge for hours and hours.
    It’s fine to reference great thinkers, past and present and talk for hours about the difficulty in understanding this, yet you are not really explaining it and providing the scientific evidence that you keep referring to.,

Get to the point? Show me the evidence in detail.
    Do I need to read the book to get this?

• Susan
      Susan
      Keymaster

Hi Norman,

Solving the human condition required finding the clarifying difference between the way the intellect (which arose from our nerves) and genetic instincts work, and that is the great biological breakthrough that Jeremy Griffith has found which is presented in Video/Freedom Essay 3 and Chapter 3 of Jeremy’s definitive book ‘FREEDOM: The End of The Human Condition’. The great relevance of Video/Freedom Essay 4 (and also Freedom Essay 53) is that it presents other thinkers who have recognised the instinct and intellect elements involved in creating the human condition. With that explanation found all the other great outstanding scientific mysteries about our existence are now also able to be, and are, explained—of the meaning of our existence, of the origin of our unconditionally selfless moral instincts, of why we humans became conscious when other animals haven’t, and of the emergence of humans from our ape ancestor through to our present immensely human-condition-afflicted upset state. Freedom Essay 18 gives you the synopses for each chapter in ‘FREEDOM’ and where to find each of these subjects, https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/freedom-chapter-synopses/.

As explained in FAQ 1.10, “For a hypothesis to become accepted as true, the scientific method dictates that it must first be tested, and in the case of a hypothesis about the human condition the ultimate test is how accountable it is of our own lives. That greatest of all physicists, Albert Einstein, once said that ‘truth is what stands the test of experience’ (Out of My Later Years, 1950). So, fantastic a claim as it may seem, what is being presented here is the long-sought-after, desperately needed, psychosis-addressing-and-resolving, human race-transforming explanation of the human condition. And the reason you will know that this is that breakthrough explanation is because once you understand the explanation and begin to apply it, you will discover it is so able to make sense of human behaviour it makes it transparent. This transparency of ourselves and our world—for example, the exposure of all our falseness—that this understanding of the human condition brings, is the ultimate ‘test of experience’ that confirms that the understanding being presented here is the long-sought explanation of the human condition. In this particular scientific study—the biological analysis of the human condition—we humans are the subjects, which means we can experience, feel and know the truthfulness or otherwise of the explanations being put forward.”

The issue of the human condition has been the most terrifying of subjects to face and we have lived in almost total denial of it, but with patient perseverence this fear is eroded, which the comments by Ari above provide helpful testament to.

• Ari
    Participant

Hi Norman. I can relate to your feelings – that was exactly my position after I’d read some of Jeremy’s texts and literature.
    All I can suggest mate, is put it down for a couple of weeks. Have a break and then watch the videos again and I’m sure the definition of the human condition will be fully explained.

It’s really just about the conflict between our intellectual state (i.e. the way we currently live and manage our lives) and our instinctive state (i.e. the way we lived and acted before conscious thought).

We didn’t realise this on a conscious level, but as a species, this conflict caused us to act eradically and not in accordance with our loving moral instincts. The creators of our most followed religions knew this when they referred to ‘heaven’ or the ‘garden of eden’. These terms refer to our peaceful, cooperative way of life in our instinctive state.

It’s tough mate but well done for getting this far and hang in there. It’s worth the effort.

• NormanC
      Participant

Hi Ari

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
      I am actually interested in the more scientific “evidence” that kept been referred to, but don’t feel that this is being provided, at all.
      I undertand the high level koncept as you also describe it, seems obvious and it is also what listening to and reading from Jordan B Peterson has enlightened me with. (I was actually hoping for him and Jeremy to have a discussion as Jordan visited Australia and New Zealand recently)

However, I like facts, and I just don’t feel that I have gotten that (yet) from watching the videos. Some might thing, the actual biological facts are not as important as the higher level of understanding of the subject, but seeing as Jeremy presents himself as a skolar and scientist, I was expecting more facts to be laid out a lot sooner in the videos, instead of the continuos vague “ramblings” and repetitions.

I have some vacation days coming up soon and might pick up the reading of the book, but lets just say, that the first impression I got didn’t really inspire me to do so.

• NormanC
      Participant

I would actually encourage you and everyone else to watch video with Jordan B Peterson whom I think explains this a lot better, although from a theological/mythological/psychological and narrative point of view.
      His book “12 rules for life” is a good starting point, but I really like to watch the videos with diskussions with other intellectuals or his lectures on the biblical stories.

I had hoped that Jeremy’s findings and research could actually bring the biological scientific facts to supplement Jordans’ description of the human condition:
      In short, that life of full of suffering and the all people are capable of good and evil/malevolence, and what gives our lives meaning is responsibility. Picking up the biggest burden (responsibility) one can bear and move towards a higher goal.

• Susan
      Susan
      Keymaster

Hi Norman,

In my last reply to you above I included a summary of the hugely significant biological breakthroughs that are found and evidenced in ‘FREEDOM’. What I could add, in response to your last post, is that the ‘facts’ that you are searching for are right there assembled since the inception of science and are actually not in contest—it just needed a holistic, human-condition-confronting-not-avoiding approach to put those facts together. For example it is accepted that prior to becoming conscious, our forebears were instinctively controlled. It is also accepted that we then became conscious—see the evidence about brain size (which although imperfect, is the best indicator we have of consciousness) in chapter 8 of ‘FREEDOM’. It is also not in contest that the intellect is insightful—for example our brain’s main reasoning centre is called the ‘association cortex’ ie it associates information, has insights. It is also a matter of logic that much developed, the intellect will be able to sufficiently associate information to reason how experiences are related. And it is also only logical that when the intellect reaches the point that it is sufficiently aware of how experiences are related, that it will attempt to manage change from a basis of understanding. Clearly this transition happened: we have reached a point where we make decisions all the time with our intellect. It is also accepted that instincts are, at a point, inflexible. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, they are, ‘a largely inheritable and unalterable tendency of an organism to make a complex and specific response to environmental stimuli without involving reason.’ And for this transition to have happened from instinct to intellect, it is also clear that at some point our intellect must have attempted to wrest management of our lives from our instincts (something many thinkers have observed which is evidenced in Video/Freedom Essay 4).

From these accepted ‘facts’, the extraordinary insight that Jeremy has synthesised is, as he writes in Chapter 1 of F, that, “If we think about this scenario, what would obviously happen is that the conscious mind would start to take over management from the instincts. And if we think further about that development, we can appreciate that a conflict would have arisen between the already established instinctive management system and the new conscious, understanding-based management system.”

Jeremy explores in great depth the nature of this ‘conflict’ and applies it to demystifying all human behaviour, which you can read all about in F. What becomes very clear, is that not only are the ‘facts’ not in question, but that on the basis of its explanatory power alone, his instinct vs intellect explanation of the human condition is overwhelmingly accountable.

I also highly recommend that you watch as a start, at least Videos 1-4 and also 14 on our website where you will also see Jeremy discuss the heroic attempts but ultimately doomed arguments of Jordan Peterson. As is explained in that Video/Essay, only the psychosis-addressing-and-solving, real explanation of the human condition, which Peterson, despite all his heroic efforts, does not have, can stop the destruction of our world and the disintegration of society that is happening everywhere we look. And it is precisely this real psychologically redeeming, relieving and transforming explanation that biologist Jeremy has delivered in his first principle-based biological understanding of the human condition. (Again, you can read the explanation of the human condition in chapter 1 of ‘FREEDOM’; or you can see a brief summary in Video/Freedom Essay 3; and for a more thorough treatment, see chapter 3 of ‘FREEDOM’.) Subscribing to our mailing list may also help you Norman as the ‘Freedom Essay’ email series you will receive each week will guide you through much of the content of ‘FREEDOM’ in beautifully illustrated bite-size pieces and provide explanatory insight into the magnitude of these ideas, their explanatory power, and their ability to transform every human and thus the world.

• Ari
      Participant

Response to Normans post of 14 April.

Sorry Norman, I didn’t even realised you posted.

I actually went and saw Jordan Peterson (JP) when he came to Melbourne and I am a big fan. He is a brilliant intellectual who puts the left back in their box and for good reason. The radical left is dangerous for humanity!

I hear you re: facts and I am the same way inclined – which is why it took me many years before I could actually hear, read and see Jeremy’s work.

The difference between JP and Jeremy, is the JP tells you to live a meaningful life as better than the alternative but he doesn’t really tell you why (other than you will feel good about yourself and therefore it’s better than feeling bad).

The problem with that is that it is not enough. Why should I be good? What purpose does it serve?

Jeremy’s explanation basically explains that it is our natural orientation to do so. Our instinctive orientation is to be selfless, loving and cooperative (from our Bonobo evolutionary days). That’s the way Bonobos behave and all of the available evidence suggests that is where we evolved from.

Furthermore, that living the way we have been, as explained and necessary as it was, has lead us to this crisis point (i.e. depression, suicide, poverty, conflict).

Being good, is your natural purpose and at this point in time, will most likely help save the planet and our species. What more reasons for being good could anybody want?

The only way to test Jeremy’s explanation is to apply it to your life. I know my comments can come across as shallow (i.e. just stick at it and it will make sense) but that’s only because that’s what worked for me. I encourage you and everyone to read and re-read the material. Find the time and if you’re like me, and most of the people at WTM the rewards are beyond words.

The answers, reasoning and facts come from reading it over and over until one day you find you can’t put it down.

Once it makes sense and your at peace with yourself, you can ring peace to everyone else you love and care for.

Would love to chat with you further one day.

• Evelien1969
    Participant

Hi all, I just stumbled upon Wtm’s theory and like it very much, I’ve been ‘working on it’ in my own way with various succes. The ideas about biology I find here seem rather familiar to what I’ve been studying and researching human development with Goethean science/biology as a starting point (and also anthroposophy). Besides from being an artist, I’ve been a crusador for this truth for years, haha! And always felt that there has to be more to life than crusading… It’s lovely to find you lot even though I’m only halfway Jeremy’s book and still need to grasp the techniques of actual transformation. But this seems like just what I was looking for. If it turns out to be not, I’ll be on to my searching and that will be OK as well.

I like taking intellectual safari’s and spent some time during the last months reading ‘ dispelling Wetiko’ or ‘malignant egophrenia’ by Paul Levy. I liked it, it seems to shed light on the subject of ‘Human nature’ from just a little different angle. Wetiko is a native-Indian term for a kind of demon, a hunger-spirit that devours other creature’s lives, whose hunger can never be satisfied because it grows along with the spirit’s size.
    Of course also the work of Rudolf Steiner, but I won’t go into that now as there are as many dogmatic anthroposophists as there are creative and freethinking ones (maybe even more dogmatics than other). But if any of you had experiences with this line of thinking, I’d be interested.
    A main source to me was btw another ‘maverick biologist’ named Jos Verhulst, who write ‘der erstgeborene’. Very, very impressive and little known halas.

My main source of worry in the last decades has been: dealing with the horrendous malignant response one easily gets when naively presenting this other kind of biology or view on Human development. The enormous courage one needs to actually represent this idea, or state, as a reality. Or would that just be a sign that transformation still has to take place, what do you think?.
    Over the years my fear has slowly subseded but Oh boy, it does take time.

Good day to y’all! Greetings from Evelien from the Netherlands

• nomad
      Participant

Hi Evelien, I too spent a lot of time exploring ‘anti-mechanistic’ thinkers before I found Griffith’s work. I am familiar with Goethe of course, but had to look up Paul Levy and I won’t pretend that I have a real understanding of Verhulst apart from another cursory search. What I think I can say though, is that a lot of people have been intuitively aware that mechanistic science was not presenting the whole truth. The following passage from chapter 2:12 of FREEDOM, quotes the Templeton Prize winner Charles Birch who was Jeremy’s professor of biology at Sydney University, who expressed this view. He said, ‘[mechanistic] science can’t deal with subjectivity [the issue of our psychologically distressed condition]…what we were all taught in universities is pretty much a dead end’ (from recording of Birch’s 1993 World Transformation Movement Open Day address). He also perceived the stultifying, ‘truth’-‘prevent[ing]’ effects of dishonest, denial-based, mechanistic thinking when he said, ‘Biology has not made any real advance since Darwin’, and, some 10 years later, that ‘the traditional framework of thinking in science is not adequate for solving the really hard problems’, with the ‘hard[est] problem’ of all for truth-avoiding thinking to solve being the all-important issue of our psychologically distressed human condition. Yes, as Birch concluded, ‘Biology right now awaits its Einstein in the realm of consciousness studies’ .”
      The key to point to keep in mind though, is that while Jeremy’s work points out and explains what has been lacking in mechanistic science, it actually defends it. Just as his explanation of the human condition defends selfishness and egocentricity as being necessary in the search for knowledge, so does his work ultimately defend mechanistic science. As he says, the job of science was to find the pieces of the puzzle while not looking at the bigger picture, because until we found the defence for our upset behaviour, the bigger picture was unfairly condemning. And that’s what changes everything when trying to introduce this new paradigm to other people – it doesn’t criticise people, it defends them! Which isn’t to say it isn’t a huge change, and you wont receive some ‘malignant responses’, but the fact that this information defends mechanistic science (and ultimately all humans) can’t be emphasised enough. You will also find it completely accountable. At anytime, you can run through what is actually pretty simple logic, and that is a huge reassurance.
      I am thinking that with your interest in holistic science, you will particularly appreciate Freedom Essay 25: ‘The truthful biology of life’. Actually you will find all of the essays in that section ‘The other key biological explanations’ very interesting ie Freedom Essay 21: ‘How we acquired our altruistic moral conscience’, 22: ‘Fossil discoveries evidence our nurtured origins’, 23: ‘Integrative Meaning or ‘God’’, 24, ‘How did consciousness emerge?’ and 25: ‘The truthful biology of life’.
      Good luck with it all Evelien, but do take you time. There is a LOT to absorb, and if my journey is anything to go by, it does take time for your deeper self to come to terms with what is on offer here; patience is very important.

• Evelien1969
    Participant

PS Susan: regarding ‘evidence’, do you mean we’ll find out for ourselves when we try what influence this theory has on us?

• Susan
      Susan
      Keymaster

Hi Evelien1969, yes that right, as I quoted from Einstein above, ‘truth is what stands the test of experience’ and this information is bringing biological truth to our troubled minds, so the freedom you experience once you’ve digested that truth is immense. There is a lot to digest for sure, and there is the problem of the ‘deaf effect’ (explained in Video/F. Essay 1) which needs to be overcome, but I can vouch for the relief that this understanding has brought to my whole being. As Jeremy says we need brain food and when you get that, and this is the ultimate brain food, your whole outlook on life begins to transform.

• Evelien1969
    Participant

Hi Nomad!
    I will listen into the essays you recommend.
    So interesting to see how this basic concept (of ego and instinct being in conflict and both being neither good or bad) fits to the bigger life questions I had.

One more question I have – does WTM incluce the concept of reincarnation in its biology? There is of course little hard evidence for it, even though here and there small kids relate in a detailed way about provious lives. One kid even recognized an old war veteran by his voice (the boy knew him from his previous live in which he died as a soldier).
    From a social perception I see proof however, for example the occasional strong reaction towards a person you haven’t met before.
    I think reincarnation would give some meaning to the idea of humans struggling for knowledge and individualisation.

The theory of Jos Verhulst is built upon a Goethean line of thinking (set forth by a number of academics, o.a. Louis Bolk, Jaap van der Wal) who say that animal and human evolution are initially the same only that man doesn ‘specialize’ (grow fins, hoofs or wings). A human being physically holds back a huge amount of embryonic potential for its conscious development, which they call ‘neotenie’ or ‘staying young’, Jos Verhulst recognized two fases of neotenie- first, we are born unripe but with great ability to become/develop. Even though we do grow the assets we need for speech (upright posture = lungs with a surplus of air needed for speaking, plus a mouth with straight lines of teeth which enable us to form consonant sounds).
    But we don’t learn to speak unless we work for it, unless we practice making and recognising our own sounds. The brain actually develops as a result of this child’s work, attention and practice. In this view on life, all talent starts as a handicap.
    Which would shed a great light on phenomena like dyslexia or adhd, but that’s a little much for now.

Indeed brain food is important but I’ve seen many who indulge in it too much (including myself) and by that get shut off from their instinct fears and questions…. I found that you can’t transform on your own, you need real people around you, as friends or at least one companion who understands you. Maybe also because I live in the Netherlands which is a highly systemized society, where almost all nature is cultivated and the taboo on questioning mechanistic science is HUGE. It’s a true religion over here and sometimes I felt I had to defend this beautiful worldview.
    But I’m an artist not a scientist.

Have a lovely day!

• Evelien1969
    Participant

Hi Nomad!
    I will listen into the essays you recommend.

The theory of Jos Verhulst is based on the Goethean line of thinking (set forth by o.a. Louis Bolk, Jaap van der Wal) who say that animal and human evolution are initially the same only that man doesn’t ‘specialize’ (grow fins, hoofs or wings), actually holding back physically to be born with an extra amount of embryonic potential for conscious development. This is called ‘neotenie’ or ‘staying young’. Jos Verhulst recognized two fases of neotenie- first the physical part (although we do grow the assets we need for speech – the upright posture = lungs with a surplus of air needed for speaking, plus a mouth with straight lines of teeth which enable us to form consonant sounds).
    The second fase is, the need of conscious effort… a child only learns to speak and recognize language by practicing and studying sounds and voices. The brain actually develops as a result of this child’s work, attention and practice. It would mean that all talent starts as a handicap.
    Which might shed some new light on phenomena like dyslexia or adhd, as maybe the expression of a recent evolutionary leap. But I don’t want to run ahead.

I’m really curious how you guys work with these questions in real life (with each other).
    Indeed brain food is important but I’ve seen many who indulge in it too much (including myself) and by that get shut off from their instinct fears and questions…. I found that you can’t transform on your own, you need nature, real people, friends or at least one companion who understands you. Especially where I live, in the Netherlands which is a highly systemized society, where almost all nature is cultivated and the taboo on questioning mechanistic science is HUGE.

One more question – does WTM-biology somehow include the concept of reincarnation? There is of course little hard evidence for it, but here and there small kids relate in a detailed way about provious lives. One kid even recognized an old war veteran by his voice (the boy knew him from his previous live in which he died as a soldier).
    From a social perception I see some proof, for example in the occasional strong emotional reaction towards a person you haven’t met before.

I’ll go on reading the essays you mentioned.
    Thanks and have a lovely day!

• nomad
      Participant

Thanks Evelien. I can follow that logic. Certainly people have tried to explain the various mysteries of life, and counter the limitations of mechanistic science, but without the key explanation to why we humans are egocentric and selfish, not loving and selfless, they have never been able to really get to the bottom of anything. I think it is very important to realise that it is this fundamental issue that Jeremy is dealing with here — the question of why humans are not ideal; why we are selfish and aggressive and egocentric, when we should be loving and cooperative. This is THE fundamental question about being human. Everything else is just dodging the issue. Religions are totally based on recognising it, and they call it ‘the fall’ etc. As Verhulst and Bolk etc recognise, there have been all sorts of side issues to work out, but it is very very important to realise that it is this central issue in all our lives that Jeremy’s work deals with, and that to really answer all those other questions about neoteny, ADHD, and why science has been mechanistic, humanity needed to answer this central question first.
      So that is what is so special about Jeremy’s work. It finally explains the real psychological answer to why we are the way we are. And not the ridiculous excuse that we are selfish and aggressive because we have ‘savage instincts’, but the real explanation that admits that our condition is psychological! Its all there in the first 4 Video Essays!
      Obviously if it is the true answer to this question of questions, then all sorts of other mysteries will now easily make sense. As I’ve said, we can now easily explain why science has had to be mechanistic (see chapter 2.4 of FREEDOM); and why humans are so neotenised (see chapter 5 of F); and what ADHD really is, and why there is an epidemic of ADHD and autism sweeping the world (chapter 8:16B of F).
      Regarding reincarnation, Jeremy explains in para 840 of F that it’s hard for us to imagine how loving and empathetic humans once were but the emotion of love would have been so powerful that everyone would have been ‘near to us’ and remained ‘near to us’ after they died. So in earlier times although people died physically, their entire spirit lived on with us. Love and feeling and emotion and togetherness was everywhere and in everyone. It is only in more recent times that humans have become much more alienated and disconnected from our all-sensitive and loving soul, and thus needing to believe in a physical ‘afterlife’. But now that it is possible to understand the human condition and that we are actually good and not bad, in fact a profound part of the development of order of matter on Earth, it can be understood that each and every human life is extraordinarily significant and meaningful and that their efforts and real essence of their being do carry on and endure. To quote Jeremy from his 2003 book A Species in Denial regarding afterlife, ‘The spirit of humans, the enormous courage that they have exhibited on the journey to enlightenment through the incredible darkness, loneliness and hardship of having to live in denial, lives on in each of us and is carried on in all subsequent generations.’ You can read the full section on ‘afterlife’ here: https://www.humancondition.com/asid-afterlife-explained
      So there is a lot to think about there Evelien, but I do hope you can find the time to quietly watch those first 4 videos, because you will quickly see that it does all make sense at last.