Home Forums Feedback Acceptance is key

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevincan 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
  • Kevincan
    Participant

I have read the “Transform your life and save the world” precis of the Freedom book. I got that our ancestors were co-operative, nurturing and infant-centric so selfless. Certainly see this clearly conflicts with the current “dog eat dog” materialistic world we live in which I accept has come from conflict between our natural intuitive self and the newer ability of conscious thought.

It clearly needs to be read a few times at least to get a better understanding but I have the basics. (BTW I found the writing style a bit patronising – lots of underlining and bold face. Also found the style to be academic which a casual interested observer may be put off from finishing the book – I expect many people would struggle reading through the “Freedom” book, however worthy the goal. It needs to be much more readable by the man in the street).

What I am struggling with is the apparent total rejection of the spiritual level of existence. Although quite a few valid points are drawn from the Holy Bible in the book, God is soundly rejected. I am a christian, but firmly believe we are spiritual beings having a human experience. I am not offended if you consider my stance delusional, as I would say the same about anyone who does not think God is. I accept they are your views.

Of course religion as defined by man has been used by the authorities to control the people and in many ways enslave them. But we live in a connected world now and a strong light is being shone on the darkness and by sound reason and evidence we can destroy the darkness. We must focus on what brings us together, common ground.

So I would be very interested to know whether people of any spiritual leaning, be they christian, muslim, jew, new age or any other, would be accepted as members of the World Transformation Movement, or does the WTM deny spirituality?

I hope WTM does accept us (me) as we (I) can see much common ground, as evidenced in the book. I am also interested in the practical application of the destruction of the human condition – for example I can see a lot of synergy with the onecommunitygroup.org project. I look forward to WTM and other comments from interested people.

My very best thoughts are with you,
    Kevin

• Matt
    Participant

This is a really interesting issue. My initial thought is that Jeremy seems to be the most spiritual of people. The depth of sensitivity that his writing demonstrates is just incredible. And his concern for humanity as well. And he is always writing about his love of ‘soul’, which he defines as our shared, all-loving, instincts, the voice of which is our conscience. And in addition to that, his admiration (to put it lightly), for Christ and Moses is plain to see in all his writing — there is so much in Freedom about Christ and how extraordinary he was. Griffith basically says that he saved the world. And then there is Griffith’s analysis of ‘God’, which he equates to love, which he equates to the fundamental drive in the universe that physicists have called Negative Entropy. All of which to me means he is a very spiritual person. But, if I understand you rightly Kevin, and I say this with the utmost respect, for you spirituality equates to following an organised religion, and I guess, believing in a transcendent, omnipotent God??
    I suppose the other thing to consider, is that Griffith says that finding the explanation of the human condition fulfils religions – see par 1217 of Freedom. I can personally follow the logic of that, but I suspect that will be something that people who hold to the literal word of religious texts may find difficult to accept?? Interested in your thoughts Kevin…

• Kevincan
    Participant

Thanks Matt for your really encouraging thoughts from a person clearly with more understanding and knowledge than myself regarding “Freedom” and Jeremy’s writings. I can certainly see from a logical standpoint Griffith’s analysis of God.

I am happy to say something was lost in translation as spirituality for me does not equate to following organised religion – the evidence against this is overwhelming. I am a Christian because I know to follow Jesus example is the best way of living my life (of course I fail many times a day). I am a baptist because their freedom suits me better than “high” church.

Transcendent, omnipotent God? I need to study those words a bit more carefully than my current vague understanding allows to be able to comment on that.

The Holy Bible has always been open to being lost in translation so personally the literal word of religious texts itself needs to be considered from more than one source. I expect the majority of “religious” people would find P1217 difficult to accept. Myself I have a personal relationship with God and Jesus so somebody else saying either does not exist is their issue not mine.

I really appreciate your educated illumination of this topic, thank you.