normal
forum

Home Forums General Discussion Adjustment

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susy 1 month ago.

• Author
  • Kimmy
    Participant

Can we call the terror a protective shield of sorts in our mind, that we put up between childhood and adolescence to protect ourselves from the horrors of things that are not right in the world and within ourselves? I feel like I need to go back in my own mind and remember how life was, how I felt. I know there is something there from long ago, that happiness you felt, for no reason.

• Susy
    Participant

Yes I think you can Kimmy. We definitely take on one massive protective shield from the absolute horror within ourselves and in the world that we couldn’t understand, and that’s called Resignation. There’s a brilliant WTM essay on it if you haven’t read it, I’ll put the link at the bottom when I find it. It’s also brilliantly covered in Jeremy’s book Freedom. The BEST thing about this information is that it explains why we had to resign but also why future generations won’t have to any more! So they will never block out their soul, their cooperative adn loving instincts and the natural joy and happiness that children have will remain with us always. It’s truly the most amazing thing to have ever hit this planet and I’m so glad you’ve found it Kimmy! It’s unreal that you are connected to the memory of that happiness in your childhood, you’ll love reading Jeremy’s description of our soul, I’ll put some links to that as well. Would love to track along with you as you absorb this! The best place to start is the intro video series on the homepage too.

Ok so I’ve just found those links,
    Best place to start are the intro videos https://www.humancondition.com/
    this is Freedom essay 30 on Resignation https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/resignation/
    This is Essay 10 which covers it too https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/what-exactly-is-the-human-condition/
    This one explains our soul https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/how-did-we-humans-acquire-our-altruistic-moral-conscience/

• Kimmy
      Participant

Thanks for responding to me Susy. I feel like after reading the parts I have, which at times I also feel like I need to switch off from. Not sure if that is my comprehension levels or if it is that “deaf effect”thing kicking in, but yes I do remember something from before that time, and I am not sure what it is, so I am trying to let that come back to me, rather than force it. I don’t think I can force it. I feel like I can go back to being a child and remember that just being happy thing, for no reason or purpose other than to explore the beauty around. But it was a simpler time where there were no life expectations. no pressures from study or work. Yes it was long ago, I’m not sure I can fully reconnect to that other than through these fleeting glimpses of memories that just keep popping up, more so now that I am trying to learn through these videos. Thoughts are coming up and I don’t know why, but that has to be good right.

• Kimmy
    Participant

Susy, I do not understand that if we have a conscious mind and intellect, and we also have instinct, and we know about good and bad, and we know about right and wrong, and we can make choices, so then why do people still choose to do bad things/ I understand that we have primal instincts for our physical needs, but we do not need to be greedy or nasty, so then if we have intellect or conscious minds why do people let those things , being greedy or selfish over-ride their conscious mind. How is it when we make choices that then people make “bad”choices like killing other people or stealing or being greedy.

• Chris
    Participant

Hey Kim,
    I found the best way to get my head around why we humans have been behaving seemingly “bad” (although now we can understand we were heroic and fundamentally good), when we knew what the ideals were, namely to behave cooperatively, lovingly and selflessly, was to re read and relate to the Adam Stork analogy. As we can see, that while Adam was good and in fact heroic, for having to challenge his instincts for management of his life, by conducting a conscious experiment (i.e. grabbing the fruit from the tree), he appeared to be bad to the dogmatic ignorant instincts which expected he behave in accordance with his instincts, having no appreciation of a conscious minds need to search for knowledge. It was this “criticism” from our instincts, which lead to the growing sense of guilt and the development of an insecurity of our selfworth, and the intellect had only 4 choices when faced in such a predicament.

The first and most obvious would have been to sit down with our instincts and explain why we were in fact good and not bad for behaving in opposition to our instincts, they we could stop feeling bad and never become upset. however we didn’t have the answers then (The human condition wasn’t explained yet), we hadn’t even invented language to be able to explain our situation. So given the predicament, of having no defence to explain why we were good when we felt bad due to the instincts unjust criticism, we had to resort to the remaining 3 options. We had to retaliate against the unjust criticism, as we knew we were not fundamentally bad, so we became angry. We had to go out and prove why we were good and not bad, as we didn’t yet have the real reason for our goodness (understanding of the HC) so we became egocentric, and we had to block out the criticism from our instincts, so we became alienated.

Jeremy now explains that the upset behaviour, and destructive behavioural decisions humans make today, is a product of having lived and suffered from the psychological human condition for some 2 million years, not a genetic opportunism “must reproduce your genes” as mechanistic science has evasively portrayed for some time. But now that we can explain and understand the whole human situation, at the fundamental level, once these ideas become mainstream, the need to prove ourselves is satisfied and so people will have the ability to “own their dark side” and become “whole” again as is explained in freedom, basically everyone will know they are good and not bad, and that their upset is a heroic and necessary step in our evolution, and begin to heal and no longer be owned by the old angry, retaliatory, insecure and defensive way of managing our lives due to not having a bridging understanding of why we are good.

Here’s a link to the essay which will explain it a lot more clearly and coherently than I did haha:
    https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/the-explanation-of-the-human-condition/

hope that made some sense Kim.

• Kimmy
      Participant

Hi Chris, Thank You for your response. You have simplified things a bit and that is helping a lot. What I also don’t understand, is that although we apparently all have this “dark side” which is apparently too ‘terrifying’ to confront, and that brings to my mind visions of The Movie BirdBox, where the people cannot take the cloths from their faces or their deepest darkest fears will be realised. Then I start thinking is it that terrifying, how can confronting what we really are like be that terrifying, when you feel like you know yourself and your limitations your entire life, feel that you know your dark sides and good sides, but this is saying we actually do not, and we are skimming the surface and living a fake existence. So this is where I am at. I still don’t see how a person öwning their dark side is going to make them be a better person to have even allowed themselves to do those things. I wish I could be learning this quicker, and yes I am impatient and one of my biggest issues is I tend to overthink things, and I have no doubt I will do it again trying to learn all this. :)

• Chris
      Participant

Glad it made sense Kim.
      Susy nailed it on the head, would definitely recommend checking out those references and just overall being as patient as possible with the information. There is only so much the brain can digest in a given period of time, and given the present understanding brings about the long awaited relieving and exciting paradigm shift for humans, it is only natural that it will take time to digest, and apply to both the micro and macro picture.

In regards to your question about how owning our dark side makes us a “better person”, for some 2 million years we have developed our dark side which is really our heroic side that was necessary in order to understand and thus explain and relieve the guilt and insecurity that our instinctive criticism/resistance towards our minds necessary search for knowledge (understanding) was causing. One of our necessary defence mechanisms (As is explained in the Adam Stork Story, I emphasise how important this analogy is for depicting the entire human situation) was to block out all the imperfections of ourselves and the world (and therefore become aliened from our true soulful world) to cope with the instincts naive criticism of our actions until we could find the redeeming, reconciling and relieving explanation for why we are really good when we feel we are bad every time we challenge our instincts natural behaviour.

Now whilst this block out was super necessary, it also meant we couldn’t really experience much of the real world in the sense of all the joy, magic and love it has to offer because our brains were preoccupied with blocking out the human condition. Furthermore this meant that we could’t honestly acknowledge how destructive and selfishly preoccupied we became with validating ourselves and only seeing and experiencing the world from a position of truth avoiding denial (refer to Plato’s Cave analogy), and the effect that had as we lived our own feelings of injustice and upset out on others. We have had to be just so consumed with our own pain under the human condition (which has been the heroic act of humanity to endure) until we could relive ourselves to knowledge of ourselves and our world, which Jeremy has thankfully done in Freedom and all over this website in just the nick of time.

So now the ability to no longer block out or remain in denial about, but own and make sense of the Whole Human journey and what all humans have endured under the duress of the HC, with the fully accountable defence for why Humans have had to behave in this seemingly un-ideal manner (provided in FREEDOM and all over the website) allows us to begin to access all the incredible excitement and love for life we all had as children, and the natural transition follows that we begin to go from egocentric focused lives (completely consumed with our own pain and need for validation) to a more soul led life which allows us to begin to help support and build a world free of the HC in both ourselves, our loved ones and the world and support saving the race, uniting our intellect and our instincts as one for the first time in history!

I hope I didn’t make that too long haha, hopefully I did it some justice, but just being patient and letting Jeremy’s incredibly parenting writing gradually become more clear, and taking the time to digest his explanations is definitely the fastest way to seeing what is now on offer for all humans

• Susy
    Participant

Hi Kimmy! I agree Chris’s reply was very helpful. Yeah I’m a really impatient person too which is a help and a hindrance with this stuff because what is needed is perseverence, so as long as you channel your energy into keeping at it, things will become clearer I promise! It’s all about understanding what the WTM call ‘the deaf effect’. I really think what would help you Kimmy, is to watch the first 4 videos a few times which is what the WTM recommended on the homepage and I think it’s great advice, and maybe then the short booklet ‘Transform Your Life’ (free to download from the website).

Living as we have without any understanding, the human condition is subject that humanity has been scared to death of, so much so that we live in complete denial of it. If you think of children, they don’t live in denial yet and will ask the deeper questions about life but as adults we have learnt to block it all out to cope, which you will see has been the responsible thing to do. So yes we have necessarily had to live in a very superficial and fake way. We needed understanding of ourselves before we could confront just how upset we have become as a species, and being able to confront that is all-important because it’s our destructive nature that is causing all the problems on the planet. This info makes clear that there has been a really amazing reason why we are so angry, selfish etc, and with that understanding all that divisive behaviour becomes obsolete. It brings about a transformation that will last for ourselves and for our whole planet, so it’s a tremendously exciting time and a fulfillment of all of humanity’s heroic hopes, dreams and efforts!

I love the first video as it talks about that the resigned adult mind will naturally go into shock and our protective denials come in to play and we can’t hear what’s being said. It also refers to Video 11 there and that would also be really helpful for you I think as it goes into more detail about why we find it difficult to hear this stuff at first and gives examples of people who have persevered and overcome their deaf effect. I’ll put these links at the end so it’s easier for you to find and let me know how you go!

Video 1 which will lead onto the others 2,3 & 4, https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/your-block-to-most-wonderful-gift/
    Video 11, https://www.humancondition.com/freedom-essays/the-difficulty-of-reading-freedom/

• Kimmy
    Participant

Question. How do we stop the upset behaviour?

When we are finally starting to grasp at the end of the straw and have a vague understanding of the being in the cave and how the key to the mind works, but have no control of it?

• Susy
      Participant

Hi Kimmy, For me it’s all in understanding where the upset behaviour came from, which is what the Adam Stork story is all about in Video 3 and that Chris talks about above. To try and summmarise the best I can (bare with me!), a battle broke out between our instinctive and intellectual selves and with no understanding it produced a lot of upset, as we retaliated against the criticism it brought us. With understanding now here, we can finally explain why we are the way we are, why we are full of upset rather than full of love (which is what our instincts expect). So now with our upset behaviour defended and explained, we can reconcile those two conflicting parts of ourselves and we can finally begin to heal.

I just thought the FAQ section of the website might really be helpful too Kimmy as everything is summarised there. This is part of FAQ 1.3 which says it all beautifully: ‘The result of this conflict between our instinct and intellect was an undeserved sense of guilt and insecurity that caused us to become psychologically defensive, angry, alienated and egocentric, the upset state we refer to as the human condition—a state we sought to alleviate through a competitive, selfish and aggressive bid for the reinforcement we could gain from winning power, fame, fortune and glory. But now that we can explain and understand this conflict and the guilt it produced, all those insecure, defensive behaviours are obsoleted, brought to an end, and we free ourselves from the human condition.’

• Kimmy
      Participant

Indeed, the recent flood of movies and documentaries based on zombie, apocalyptic, escape-to-another-planet, ‘we are being attacked by aliens [by our own alienation]’, doomsday-preparation, ‘we need a super hero to save the world’ and other judgment-day-and-anxious-Bible-related-epic themes—and the actual breakout of such extreme psychosis that some people are led to fly hijacked planes into buildings, and drive trucks into crowds of people, and fire bullets into anyone they can corner, and such overall psychological fear in young people about the incredibly corrupted state of the world that there is now an epidemic of children suffering from the highly anxious and agitated Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and the even more extreme, can’t-cope, completely detached state of autism—all reflect the fact that the end play state of terminal alienation for the human race is upon us. (ch. 8:16G)

Hey, Susy can you please explain this about Autism? See I didn’t think Autism, was something like a psychosis. I thought people, babies and toddlers are diagnosed with this from a very young age, when still children?

• Susy
      Participant

Hi Kimmy, it is a huge and sensitive topic that demands much respect in my opinion and I really think it needs to be read in the full context of ‘Freedom’ with a good grounding in the basic ideas that are presented there. However, just to try and introduce you to the bigger picture, there is so much about our world and upset behaviour that we couldn’t cope with, and so had to block out, that is now laid bare with this understanding. As I touched on above we have had to live in denial, and so adjusting to the truth and the fact that we don’t have to live in denial any more does take time. What you discover more and more is how much this information defends us and completely looks after us, so although there are so many unbelievably confronting truths in Freedom it is absolutely possible to cope with them now. From that position it’s much easier to see how our natural ability to nurture has of course been unavoidably compromised as a result of this 2 million year, heroic journey to finding understanding of ourselves. And the other thing you begin to appreciate the more you absorb this stuff is just how immensely sensitive our soul is and subsequently how deep the psychological torture and pain is that we suffer from as little children unable to understand and reconcile the extreme upset we encounter in the world, in particular from our compromised ability to nurture. There is a chapter in Freedom that deals specifically with autism, 8:16C and explains all this in more detail. I always like to emphasise the importance of Chapter 9 with its explanation of the Transformed State in relation to these subjects as well. In Chap 9:10 ‘Humanity’s overall situation now that we have understanding’ for example, there is a wonderful piece in paras 1244-1245 including from Tony Gowing that’s very relevant to all this. Hope that helps Kimmy, Susy

• Susy
    Participant

Hi Kimmy, AFter watching this latest WTM global gathering video which is just amazingly exciting I thought you too might absolutely love it! It’s just so infectious watching people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds discuss this information and how it’s reconciling and transforming their lives, and it helps when you’re trying to digest all this stuff I reckon. Anyway here’s the link if you’re interested, https://www.humancondition.com/transformation/?videoId=HiXztgJC-xU