normal
forum

Home Forums General Discussion Being Young

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 5 days, 15 hours ago.

• Author
  • erpa96
    Participant

Hi,

I am a 22 year old male, part of the so called Z-Generation mentioned in Jeremy’s book, and I’ve always believed that something is fundamentally wrong with the human race, and spent my time trying to look for some answers. However little by little (in hindsight, I wasn’t aware of it at the time) I was hiding my upset below self-delusion and corruption by taking drugs, drinking, manipulating people, and generally being horrible.

However after reading Freedom, I wholeheartedly believe this is the saving insight that can heal the world. It has been so redeeming for me, yet I find myself appalled every day by everything I see and everything I used to be, and I find it really hard to follow these ideals and implement them in my life given that I have no idea how to act ideally. Usually I wouldn’t post online but I can’t think of anywhere else I can find people who have gone through the same experiences that I have. The transformation from being almost blind to total transparency has really hit me with the ‘culture shock’ mentioned by such a massive paradigm shift.

My family I can’t talk to regarding the issues discussed in the book, as they typically my parents take the topic as a condemnation of their lifestyle (being that we are a middle class highly artificial family with nice cars and expensive clothes), and believe that all I need is a good Job and to ‘grow out of’ my opinions. My younger sister is an early teenager who is lost in a virtual dream as so many are now, obsessed with social media and every latest trend.

My friends are my main source of comfort, but being the generation I am I can’t help but feel that I don’t know the real person that I am talking to being that we are all so alienated, and it upsets me that friendships break over a minor squabble as I can now see is because we are so psychologically distressed. If I try and introduce them into the issue of the human condition I am labelled as ‘mad’ or it is denounced as me ‘posing’ and trying to pretend to be interesting.

Basically I really would like to ask for some advice on how to manage the clarity that’s flooded in when everything and everyone seems so desperate and sad around me, I would really appreciate some guidance. This whole Transformed Lifeforce state seems crazily overwhelming and I’m pretty much lost trying to make the change, all I am doing is drifting away from everything I knew. I’ve been this way for about 3/4 of a year now after finishing the book in January. What do I do?

Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  erpa96.
  • Tony M
    Tony M
    Participant

Dear erpa96,

My name is Tony Miall and I am a founding member of the WTM. I hardly know where to begin other than to say I found your post incredibly moving and it resonated with me very deeply. When you look at the world honestly even just for a second it is so upsetting and such the complete opposite of the way we intuitively expected the world to be when we were young. And when we see this upset starting to emerge in ourselves it makes life almost unbearable, it’s just the most torturous place to have to live. And what’s worse are the self destructive ways you’ve described we use to cope with this horrific situation. Most people quite sensibly decide to completely walk away from thinking about the whole depressing subject and as your parents advised “get a job and grow out of it” but if you decide to keep investigating, it invariably leads to more confusion and angst.
    So absolutely yes, “fundamentally something is wrong with the human race” but thank goodness finally we have the answers that can heal that agonizing state. In terms of the advice you seek, while it’s immensely relieving to finally understand the cause of all the upset in humanity, you are right, it is also the ‘future shock’ that Jeremy talks about. So we need to be patient and give ourselves time to adjust to these understandings knowing that the truth is here at last. And the Transformed state will start to emerge as all the upset within us subsides and the beauty of what it really means to be a human fills us with an optimism that has never existed before. Taking up the Transformed State will be so much easier when these ideas are accepted and the momentum carries the day but it can be very lonely as you are experiencing when you have little support around you because of the deaf effect problem. We have found that interaction and fellowship with others who appreciate this information incredibly beneficial in this pioneering stage, so it’s great that you’ve reached out with your post . We offer video calls for anyone who’d like to have a more personal discussion so I’d be really happy to talk with you if that’s something you’d like to do and you can email me anytime at info@worldtransformation.com. We also have small group discussions and some of the guys are around your age and encounter the same difficulties and so talking to them could help immeasurably, so that’s something to think about too.
    The wonderful thing is that your time spent searching for answers has not been in vain and we will do all we can to help anyone who wholeheartedly believes this is the saving insight that can heal the world because that is exactly what this information will do.

All the best

Tony

• Chris
    Participant

Hi Erpa,
    welcome to the forums :)
    Reading your post resonated with me so much, My Names Chris, I am also a 21 year old male, I have been actively looking into Jeremy’s insights for the last 3 years, and have experienced everything you mentioned above. Initially, the shock seems almost too much, I didnt know how to behave or what to do, as you mentioned, everyones behaviour was pissing me off, and more so my own behaviour was as well. I didnt know how to participate with family or friends, as everything they were doing seemed obsolete. The important thing was for me to take a step back, relax, spend time digesting the information and not overly confronting myself and not taking everything to literally. Just taking joy in the fact that I truely found the REAL answers about us humans!

It took me some time, but eventually I learned and understood that, we are the accumulation of 2 million years of heroic and necessary egocentricity, alienation and denial, adapted and habituated, as we searched for understanding, namely of ourselves and the world. So of course we are not going to be ideal! and we shouldnt worry about it, at all. It couldnt have been any other way, and the awesome news is that everything you and I are today, is HEROIC and FUNDAMENTALLY GOOD, not bad, and thats what FREEDOM focuses on. Jeremy has mentioned before, which I often use to straighten my head when im getting caught up in my personal situation – “if you wrestling, you’re going about it the wrong way”.

Remember FREEDOM is a compassionate understanding, that defends every single one of us and provides a fully accountable explanation, through the instinct and intellect explanation, everything we are today was heroic, and we had no other choice, it very well saved our lives. The opportunity for all humans now, is to love their corrupt reality as we now have the means to defend it rather than fear it, naturally this will take time, so be patient and slowly delve into as much of jeremy’s work (videos, essays, podcasts etc.) and let yourself absorb and get accustomed to “the light” as you walk out of plato’s cave, it does take time. What comes to mind is when Jeremy quotes psychoanalyst Carl Jung who said “wholeness for humans depends on our ability to love the dark side of ourselves”

I can confidently say Im able to enjoy family and friends better then ever! because I dont have to get caught up in my own shit anymore, and more so I can start to love every un ideal aspect about them! rather than hate it, it makes them feel great to and more incline to listen to what I have to say. Slowly but surely, you will be able to compassionately understand the corrupt reality within yourself and the world, and then you never have to look at it again. You can begin to live free, because you can defend yourself and everyone around you as good through science, leaving the need to constantly be retaliatory, defensive and insecure behind (which will happen on its own, dont force it!)

I hope this helps, I may have rambled a little but just wanted to share what came to mind,
    If you want to email or video call someone your age and discuss further just contact one of the admins who can give you my details and we can organise, but most importantly rest assured that it absolutely does get easier, as the logic gets stronger in your brain you will be able to relax and feel more reassured then ever before, just keep doing what you’re doing, you’ve already done an incredible job to come so far on your own.

• erpa96
    Participant

Thanks to both of you, I think I just need more time to adjust to this way of living. Chris you have pretty much spelt out how I feel at the moment in your first paragraph.

Every couple of weeks I feel like I drop another weight off me and become slightly more assured. However it just causes me to be more quiet and reserved, even mute in some situations, as if I don’t need to participate as I already ‘know’ and can deconstruct everything, sort of like a weird superiority complex. I’m just worried that I have lost my natural compassion as I’ve never experienced it. Is it possible to be past the tipping point after being so corrupt for my entire living memory?

I guess I’ll come back to this/one of the admins in a few months and see if anything has changed. I appreciate the comments though.

• Tony M
    Tony M
    Participant

Dear Erpa96,

It’s wonderful that you’re feeling the weight drop off you and yes, it is incredible being able to understand the human condition and suddenly all our behavior becoming transparent. So the feelings you’re having are understandable as the information is SO liberating and empowering, it’s just that it takes time for it all to settle in. You don’t need to worry about having lost your natural compassion — remember that our sense of love, togetherness and empathy for one another has been with us for millions of years, much longer than we’ve been suffering from the human condition. That is our true and natural state and the truth is we all desperately want to get back there, and now we can, after some initial adjustment, so I’d say your feelings are just a result of a lot of adjusting and are completely natural. Chapter 9:9 in FREEDOM talks about how adopting the Transformed State is the answer to the difficulty of adjusting to the truth when we’re so upset/corrupted from the effects of the human condition and how it can quickly repairs us and the world. I can certainly relate to feeling very angry towards the world before I had this information, to the point of almost going out of my way to be offensive and antagonistic to get some sort of genuine response from people. So possibly this defiance/refusal to give in is quite strong in you. What comes to mind that may explain your situation is what Jeremy refers to as the ‘ship at sea’ strategy to life and it may give you some help in understanding your personal situation in the world a bit more. If you haven’t already read Freedom Essay 30 about Resignation it explains that some adolescents refuse to properly resign and take up the strategy of denial of the issue of the human condition that almost everybody else does. They courageously keep facing it, refuse to ‘pull into a port’, as it were, and escape the storms of confrontation with the real horror of the human condition, which does produce a torturous existence. The founders of WTM Austria and Zambia, Stefan and Franklin, are both ships at sea and Jeremy did a great talk with them explaining the unresigned position you can watch here: https://www.humancondition.com/transformation/?videoId=resignation_ships_at_sea_vid&item=1. Jeremy elaborates more on the ship at sea position in his 2003 book A Species in Denial which you can read here if you’d like: https://www.humancondition.com/asid-ships-at-sea/#toc-59
    I think the key is in what you said, that you just need more time to adjust to the enormity of the shock/change. It’s a common stage for people who can access this as deeply as you are for you to be feeling the things you are, when suddenly everything becomes transparent, but as you continue to ‘thaw out’ and relax in your new knowledge you will begin to see how it all works and what to do with it and the compassion this gives us will naturally come through in you, because this information does breathe life and love back into us all no matter how upset or corrupt we may be. The beauty of the transformed way of living is that it’s a universal solution, for everyone.
    Anyway erpa96 by all means take your time to keep reading and settling in and the offer of a call is always open.

All the best,
    Tony

• Tommy
    Participant

Hi erpa96. Your post was deeply moving and I’m so glad you have reached out on this forum. I’m glad someone younger replied to your post as I’m female and a lot older than you but to a large extent this amazing information negates these gaps as we have all been suffering the same human condition and now all thankfully coming in from that cold, horrid ‘cave’/ denial-filled life. To be honest I wish I could give you a huge hug! But I know ultimately this information is that for us all, so redeeming and life-saving as you say, and finally we have safe and solid and loving ground to stand on and to begin to spread our wings. This information is the full truth about humans and it will spread across the globe like wildfire, there’s no doubt about that, but to begin with it does have a slow start. All new ideas do, but this one has a particularly slow start as it explains our own behaviour which is confronting, and our denial is thick, as you seem to be experiencing from those around you. From what you have written I think you are doing extraordinarily well managing everything and you just need to connect with others who are supporting this. The Transformed Lifeforce State is actually really simple and it is ultimately the most beautiful solution for humanity going forward. The fundamentals are that we know we, and the whole human race is finally biologically explained and defended and that knowledge turns everything around and ultimately puts us all in a very powerful position but, as you’ve said, that takes some time to adjust to. I’d really recommend signing up to the WTM mailing list on the homepage so you can receive the Freedom Essay series and any WTM Updates.

• erpa96
    Participant

Hi Tommy,

I’ve read all the Freedom Essays already and it’s been helpful re-reading essentially the same information in a different format, it’s covered some stuff that I didn’t realiseI missed. I’ve just been feeling that as valuable as this understanding is I’ve only been able to think clearly and thoughtfully when I’m alone, when I get to seeing other people I end up having the same small boring conversations going round in circles asking how days went and how jobs are as if I haven’t changed at all, and I’m not bold enough to live how I want to live. I don’t know if that makes sense but I’m having trouble finding empathy and pushing myself forwards into the transformed way of living. I also don’t get how you can reign in your mind and ‘not overly confront everything’ when it’s all my mind revolves around.

Maybe I’m just wallowing in my sadness too much, I kind of feel lost trying to express it.

• Tommy
      Participant

I remember this frustration stage very clearly myself because everything is so stark and in your face when you start seeing through yourself and everyone around you and it consumes your mind as your saying. And I really relate to the frustration of just slotting into my old, habitual ‘strategy’ or ‘role’ around my family and friends. It was like an automatic response that I felt I had no control over and I would get so disappointed with myself.

So it is hugely disorientating to start with but it does settle down I promise. And what I’ve learnt is to see when I’m pushing myself too hard and to instead do the opposite and use the compassionate defence for this messed up person that I’m seeing, and to take the pressure off trying to ‘get to’ the Transformed State and just accept where I’m up to in my journey with this, in this huge pioneering time that we’re in, where this is still so new to us and to the world.

It helps to keep remembering the scale of change being introduced here which is so easy to underestimate, especially when you first come across this. It comes back to what you and Tony said, allowing time for your new understanding to sink in because in doing that you will become stronger in yourself and in applying it in situations where your old habituated behaviour and codependencies are triggered. And I have discovered time and time again the more I back off myself in that way and maybe step away from reading the information so intensely for a while, the more my subconscious can absorb and access the compassionate macro picture of humanity’s incredible, heroic journey and that my and everyone’s upset and baggage is such a meaningful part of that.

So I agree, being patient with and relaxing in this digestion phase you’re in, like everyone’s been saying is a really helpful focus.

Imagine when the whole world is living in total selfless support for this information and the glorious new world?! As I’ve read and heard many times on the WTM videos and material, the momentum of that will carry any frailty and insecurity we have and sweep them away into utter insignificance because what we are all apart of is just so astonishingly magnificent, this sun of understanding rising higher and higher! The reality is obviously we don’t have that momentum yet but it doesn’t mean that the new world is not as real as that right now, and we can build momentum amongst the few of us who do know the significance of this and I can’t tell you how much strength and inspiration that gives me. Like writing to you now fills me with so much joy. Maybe you’re not ready for more direct contact but maybe there are some videos which may provide more support. I’ve put a couple of links below which really help me in that way. Honestly erpa96 if you could only see how well you are doing, it’s so obvious from where I’m sitting and I hope you don’t mind me saying that I send heaps and heaps of love and new world joy to you!

Part 2 of this talk
      https://www.humancondition.com/transformation/?videoId=saving-Western-civilisation_div&item=2
      This global transformation meeting
      https://www.humancondition.com/transformation/?videoId=dYj4B9VIl8w

• Chris
    Participant

Hey erpa,
    I couldn’t help but thing back to this post today, when I was reflecting on how much this understanding has helped me manage and live freely in my daily life, and not be overwhelmed by the tide of competitive, selfish and egocentric behaviour existing in the world thanks to Jeremy’s incredibly compassionate and liberating explanation.

I thought i’d touch base and see how you have been going with your family & friends and if you are starting to get more comfortable with the initially very confronting and overwhelming but also liberating and exciting clarity that Jeremy provides to the human situation?

would love to hear back, and very open to sharing more insight into my own experiences with managing this new understanding in my brain and still living in a world owned by resignation. I find myself getting better, bit by bit, at managing the old world and my old world resigned self, with the new world now available to us, without getting overwhelmed or overly pressuring myself, and I think this is just a natural adjustment over time we get used to “the light” in this case the truth, and erode our historical fear or “deaf effect” to the subject of the Human condition.

Hope all is going well
    Regards,

Chris :)