normal
forum

Home Forums The Science Competition in Animals

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RJ 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
  • RJ
    Participant

I have just read this in Freedom, para 353
    “It should be pointed out that in situations where competition between individuals breaks out—when, for instance, male elephants or whales or kangaroos or birds or solitary insects, etc, etc, chase a female in estrous—it’s not simply because the female wants to discover which is the strongest male with which to mate to ensure her offspring is the strongest, most competitively successful individual it can be, as is currently taught, but because the Negative Entropy integrative tendency has driven the males and the females to that extreme state of competition. Such extreme competition is, in truth, a result of trying to develop greater order of matter. More will be said about this shortly, but the real story of life on Earth is not about selfish competition but integration.”
    This really is fascinating learning about the ‘animal condition’ as it’s termed in Freedom ‘such extreme competition is, in truth, a result of trying to develop greater order of matter’. It has taken me some time to absorb it and it’s a long way from anything you are taught at schools/universities and the general views people hold. Needless to say, I am enjoying deepening my learning and understanding of integration enormously.