normal
forum

Home Forums The Transformation Doing it for the new world rather than my ego!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roger 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
  • Chris
    Participant

So Like most, I have read and watch several pieces by Jeremy and transformed members of the WTM team discuss how now, that the old world has been obsoleted; namely the reason for our egocentric, selfish and divisive behaviour has been explained, compassionately and defended at the fundamental level, the need to continue egocentrically validating ourselves is no longer justified. Now of course, this will take time as everyone becomes accustomed to the light (truth).

I have been more consciously aware of my validation addicted state, and how much it detracts from me experiencing the real world and creating genuine experiences with others. The other day, I had finished the day of work and I had my internship to follow. I was pretty tired, and my brain was getting frustrated thinking of all the other things I could be doing (gaming, relaxing, watching a show) if I didn’t have the internship. Basically I was contemplating what more validating tasks I could be doing, which was sapping my motivation to do the present task that I had to do. While driving to the internship, I had a thought. What if I didn’t do this for me? what if I didnt go for my ego? what if I went to todays internship for the new world, and everyone who is fighting to support and build it? It felt fantastic, all of a sudden, the burden of being entangled in a conflicted frustrated mess was gone. I had added immense purpose to my seemingly meaningless task, that was bigger than just myself. I genuinely felt excited about going, because it was my contribution to the new world.

I said “well Chris the new world needs you to have a base, so that you’re in a position to support and live for these understandings. This internship is assisting you build your base and gather experience so you can make money in the old world to support yourself, so in doing this you are helping build the new world, so you’re not just bullshitting, it’s legit!”

See with my resigned brain, its very tricky, it can find any excuse and any reason to spin a negative out of a positive, no matter how deluded, so I have to keep a watch on him (me) and make sure its coming from the right place, and this time it was.

I just thought I would share that little experience, because it really is that simple! you start with one task, then onto the next. and before you know it you are living for the project, not matter how meaningful the task seems, and it instantly gets you out of that conflicted frustrated rut the resigned brain likes to get in.

would love to hear similar experiences, thanks for reading :)

• Roger
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    I’m reluctant to write anything next to that because I think it is such a clean description of exactly the same experience I’ve been through and conversations I still have with myself when I notice my resigned habituated behaviour trying to sneak its way back into my life. All of a sudden everything we do in our lives has meaning.
    I think this paragraph describes it perfectly and as you said “it’s that simple”.
    “what if I went to todays internship for the new world, and everyone who is fighting to support and build it? It felt fantastic, all of a sudden, the burden of being entangled in a conflicted frustrated mess was gone. I had added immense purpose to my seemingly meaningless task, that was bigger than just myself. I genuinely felt excited about going, because it was my contribution to the new world.”
    Your next sentence is the change in my transformed life and you just get better and better at it becoming the default thought process “I had added immense purpose to my seemingly meaningless task, that was bigger than just myself. I genuinely felt excited about going, because it was my contribution to the new world”
    Chris I’m excited reading those words so I can understand you are (I’m going to print that and put it on my wall) … that is the description for a exciting, meaningful and transformed life right there … its gold.