normal
forum

Home Forums The Transformation Staying Connected

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tommy 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
  • RayA
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am interested in how people find they best connect to the truth about our species contained in Freedom.
    When I am connected to the truth about my self worth for example, and that I am part of this incredible journey of life and integrative meaning, I am free and alive and inspired. I feel untouchable / unflappable, like all the sh*t and superficiality going on inside and around me just subsides away and I am left to just exist, enjoy, breathe, live, and actually connect to life…
    When I am not connected, for example when i get busy or when i go off on tangents in my life, i lose this incredible euphoria.
    So i am interested in what others are doing and how they are staying aligned?
    Ray

• Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

I’m writing songs about it. Just very simple songs played on acoustic guitar and with lyrics that could have been written by a child. The lines are like mantras and I keep coming back to them many times during a day. If nobody’s around, I sometimes start singing them while walking or maybe come up with a new song based on ideas I get when I think about life, the human condition and FREEDOM. I guess it’s a tool to keep me connected and stay aligned with what I already know and it’s working really well for me. Maybe like writing a poem … I don’t know. It works though :)

Here are some random lines:

We’re on a highway to sunshine
    We head in the right direction
    Stop feeling sorry for myself
    The best thing in life is free

and so on …

• Loxodonta locus
      Participant

Bless you Stefan. We both clicked submit at the same time. I like what you wrote better than what I wrote!

• Stefan
      Stefan
      Participant

Hi Oliver! I thought the same thing about yours when I read it. I’m reading it again now …

You’re right, understanding humans better can’t immediately transform the damage. And on a personal level the damage has already been done anyway and we as individuals are already wounded and the scars will stay with us forever. This is pretty sobering, as a friend once put it. But still, we humans as a species have a very bright future ahead of us, and the joy of anticipation will help us getting there. That said, the transformation can immediately start whenever you’re ready and understand well enough (the degree of understanding will depend on each individual’s needs for explaning and some may just take on the Transformed Lifeforce Way of Living by accepting the truth rather then studying and understanding it first.)

I share your feeling about a world where nurture exists in a way we deserve it, and since I started understanding Jeremy’s ideas and their implications, I know this dream can become reality. It can happen in our lifetime – maybe it even has to happen during our lifetime if you consider where humanity is heading right now. But this doesn’t scare me, it gives me hope. And for the first time in my life it’s not transitory because it’s true and not another false explanation. And the absolutely best thing about it (at least right now) is that our behaviour is not only explained, we are in fact defended. We know now that we’re good and that we deserve only the best. Even we, the suboptimal individuals we are right now.

Some more lyrics that come to mind:

Start feelin’ okay with yourself
      Find what’s lost for many years
      The best thing in life’s still free
      True love for you and me

• Loxodonta locus
    Participant

Hi Ray. I find it really hard to bring my thoughts on Freedom into focus. Reading back what I’ve written below I don’t really know what I’m trying to say. Anyway, I’ve decided to err on the side of clicking submit rather than just deleting it!

As yet I’m not really doing anything with what I’ve learned. I finished reading the book seven weeks ago and I find it hard to sustain enthusiasm about its contents by myself. So I’m really pleased the forums have come online.

It’s a little depressing to consider how much of an uphill struggle it’s going to be for Jeremy’s ideas to grow within mainstream discourse! Your post has prompted in me the thought it’s been probably several hundred thousand years since anyone experienced the benefits of the nurture that humans evolved to receive and give to others. However, it gives me a hopeful feeling that one day humans might once again exist in a world where that nurture exists.

Any euphoria that I’ve experienced in my own life has only ever been transitory and I would say can only be transitory. Whilst I’m not autistic, on a continuum I’d be located more in the direction of autism than the opposite direction. Knowing what I now know doesn’t help me particularly with the strong feelings of anxiety and depression that persist in my life. Understanding humans better can’t immediately transform the damage that our ignorant way of living has inflicted and continues to inflict on us.

Compare what Wikipedia has to say about the human condition with what Jeremy writes about. If people choose to accept it, the words human condition can now have a very specific meaning and be that elusive of things: a truth. By myself I’m just living as I ever have and working on accepting Jeremy’s writings and its an ongoing thing.

• RayA
    Participant

Stefan and Oliver, thank you so very much for your sincere and thoughtful replies. I love them both! Oliver I too am very glad the forums have come online.
    Stefan, you say “we humans as a species have a very bright future ahead of us, and the joy of anticipation will help us getting there”. That is exactly how I feel. I am excited for what lies ahead of us now – in particular for children, for the love that can now exist with one another, and for the custodianship we can now have for the natural world. It is horrific how we have nearly destroyed the innocence of childhood, the sanctity of love, and the beauty of our incredible planet. But now we have the means to end this.
    And whilst I am excited for the future, I also feel like now I can finally truly experience the present. Earlier this evening I took a walk to a nearby stream to simply enjoy the sensation of the cool water trickling over my exposed feet. It was like I was a child again jumping in puddles!! Finally I feel like I have my eyes open to all the glory and wonder of life without the oppression of complete self preoccupation!
    Great lyrics Stefan and I really appreciate your practical advice. You have inspired me to start writing poetry again – maybe I’ll post some in a seperate forum..
    I guess I know that as long as I live my life knowing that I am fundamentally good and the need to prove otherwise is over – like living with the fact that we know the sun will fall in the evening and rise in the morning – then I am connected to this truth and free. And that is just incredible.

• Stefan
      Stefan
      Participant

This is so true! The need to prove myself that I’m good is subsiding and it will eventually go away forever. I feel like being a child again and I start remembering how beautiful life once was and how wonderful it can be in the future. And I acknowledge how great it already is today. And if I ever forget, I just start singing:

Do you remember when our days did last forever
      Now they’re ticking away like seconds on a clock

Do you remember, tell me do you still know?
      You have to remember, hurry up now let’s go!

I start being myself again – I was someone else for so long
      And you start being yourself again, cause everything else would be wrong
      Yeah everything else would be wrong

And please post your poetry. I can’t wait to read it. And thanks for showing me that a smiley looks much better with an empty space between the colon and the bracket : )

• Tommy
    Participant

I have recently watched this new video on the WTM website, it’s Jeremy talking on ‘how to become transformed’. It’s absolutely brilliant and I think will enlighten and support much of the great discussion in this thread:

• Susy
    Participant

Yes that new video is incredibly helpful, very clear logic on the transformed state. I especially liked the articulation that you don’t try and ‘mesh’ the two states, that you just leave ‘the wrestle’ and live ‘over the hill’. It’s brilliant! There is another awesome new video on the transformation on the WTM website, including discussion with members of the WTM UK and Austrian Centres. So incredibly exciting! They both are absolutely must-see talks!!

• deb
    Participant

These are very helpful videos. thank you Susy and Tomy for sharing.

• Tommy
    Participant

I’m so glad you think so Deb because I thought they were too. This is an absolutely enormous paradigm shift with a lot to adjust to, but ultimately a very exciting and fulfilling and meaningful life awaits us all now this understanding of the human condition is in the world. It often helps to share your thoughts so if you ever felt like talking about some of your journey Deb I’d love to hear about it!